1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new truck!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BossPlowGuy04, Feb 24, 2009.

1. BossPlowGuy04

BossPlowGuy04 Senior Member
    from novi Mi

hey guys, just picked up my new to me truck last night. its a 1997 3500 desil, 8ft western plow, and is has a dump body. 45,000 miles let me know what you guys think.
    alex

truck 1.jpg

truck 2.jpg

truck 3.jpg

2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

very nice hopefully you will get some snow so you can put that to good use

3. nice rig, but man that seat has seen some abuse!:dizzy:

4. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck, I hate those style mirrors for the fact that they tend to rust right at the bolts that attach them to the truck. Keep an eye on this area.

5. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

looking good! May I ask what you paid?

6. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck. I used to have a 85 K30 dump, diesel & it was a great truck to plow with. I just took off the sideboards & tailgate for winter. Big improvement in visibility. Good Luck!:)

7. Nice truck for that price. That seat looks familar like mine on my 99 same spot and everything. I've tried to fix it but it keeps tearing so Ill be looking for a new seat at a salvage yard.

8. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't back over that garbage can in the drive way....

9. BossPlowGuy04

from novi Mi

thanks for all the comments guys, i paid $9500 out the door taxes plates and registration.

10. BossPlowGuy04

from novi Mi

yea the seat is prety bad but i'm going to get a seat cover for it.

11. BossPlowGuy04

from novi Mi

here are two more pics, first pic is the 2 trucks in my driveway, second pic is both trucks at the shop

both trucks.jpg

trucks at shop.jpg

12. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

I hope that pintle ball combo is permanently mounted.:dizzy::confused: Nice purchase!!

13. snowplower82

snowplower82 Junior Member

now you just need a salter in that sucker:waving:

14. BossPlowGuy04

from novi Mi

no i won't, i took the garbage can in right after i took the pic

15. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck! Good luck with it!

16. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck it sits alot nicer then most 3500's best of luck with it :drinkup: oh yea dont forget some action pics;)

17. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

whats a desil truck???? j/k

best of luck to you with the truck, if your not get your self a good DIESEL mechanic. I have a 6.2, two 6.5's and a 6.6 gmc diesels. And all of them are now running great after getting them work on by a good wrench ( no pun intended )

18. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Nice truck! I have a 93 that is pretty similar. It has the 6.5 TD like yours but yours has alot more electrical components on it. Either start now looking for a good mechanic for that engine or find a forum that will help you out. They arent very apprecieated in the diesel world but with the proper key maintenance, the engine will last a long long time. I am on www.dieseltowingresource.com and they seem to know thier stuff there.

Anyways, real nice truck!!!

19. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck hope you have better luck than the chevy 6.5 Diesel That I own 1/300 of. But then again we have a bunch of maitnence idiots driving So I am sure thats why it has so many issues

20. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Its nice....but a dakota is better