1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BerksLawn, Nov 9, 2002.

1. BerksLawn

BerksLawn Junior Member

Well were in need of another truck this will make our third one. Right now we have 2 dodges one 96 and a 2000. We stopped at the Ford dealers last night we liked the three snowplow trucks they had and the ultramount western plows were really nice. But the dealers were a******* all they did was bash dodges. First the truck we looked at had a wrong sticker price but they told us it was right but then it wasnt and they didn't even try that hard to sell us a truck. Looks like now we will have to look at Dodge and Chevys. My dad wants something alittle diffrent but we probably cant afford a 2003 so were looking for the best deal now. Im not saying theres anything wrong with Fords their great trucks but this is the second dealer weve been to and they both suck. Sorry just had to vent.

2. Manx

Manx Senior Member

Sorry to here that
    The Ford is a nice rig to plow in

When I bought my truck
    I went there after cutting the grass
    and was snuffed by all but one salesman
    Funny thing was when I picked it up (4 days after 9/11)
    I was almost mugged

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

You need to find a better dealer, perhaps one that sells more trucks than cars. If you're interested, I can get you an e-mail address of a dealer who sells over the internet. I don't have personal experience with him, but I hear nothing but good things said about him.

I've got 2 Ford Super Dutys and love them!

4. BerksLawn

BerksLawn Junior Member

Update

Well we finally came across a 98 Ram 2500 with 71k. We bought it for 20 thousand. It's a blue, extended cab,long bed with 3 toolboxes, dual exhaust, chromed running boards and mudflaps. It also has push button start, keyless entry and a cd player so id say we got a pretty good deal :D

5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

I hear ya buddy. Dealers suck. Lye, cheat, and swindle. I had tons of problems when purchasing my ranger.

Jay

6. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I used to know a guy whose brother was the general manager of a big dealership here. He said one day a guy who looked a lot like us (work clothes, muddy shoes, etc.), came into the showroom. He asked the first salesman he saw for help and was told, "I'm on a coffee break, go see that guy over there." Second salesman showed him a truck and he took out his checkbook and paid for it on the spot. General manager tells the first salesman, "Turn in the keys to your demo and clean out your desk. You're done." :waving:

7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

When I was shopping for my flatbed, I stopped at the closest Ford dealer, where my buddy happens to be Parts Manager. It was snowing and I was soaking wet from getting the trucks ready, but there wasn't enough accumulation to start work. I gave the salesman my list of options, and the price I expected to pay, he said he'd talk to the Sales Manager, who was off, and call me.

Two weeks, no call. Went back again and talked to a different guy, got the same answer, but no call.

I called another dealer with the same list and price, he agreed immediately to it and the following day faxed me an order sheet for confirmation. I signed and faxed back, the truck was ordered without me ever meeting the salesman or exchanging any funds. I was impressed.

I told my buddy of my experiences, and he just shook his head. The original dealer had a lot full of cars but was only moving about 5 or 6 a month according to my friend. This didn't surprise me. The dealership has since gone belly up and the new owner is calling all old customers attempting to get their business back. I forgot to mention I had bought five cars from this dealer in 15 years time prior and this was the treatment I got.

The only thing worse than buying a vehicle is dealing with a life insurance salesman!