1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Snowpower, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

2008 Ram 3500 4 x 4

I have it all lettered, commercial plates, dot numbers and all that now. Hesitant to post all that info on the net so heres a stock pic for now.

Considering plow options and probably looking at a salt dog 2 yard electric spreader or similar.

I like the Western Wide Out but theres no dealers within 50 miles of here and may go with a Boss V or Meyer Super V.

Probably will stiffen the front end with timbrens as well.

All depends on what the commercial bid packages look like etc and how much I want to tackle. I have a 99 Dodge with a plow and tailgate salter as well. I wasn't intending on putting gear on this truck, but can and may have too and want too if the work is right this season.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Love the white, sweet truck!! Congrats.
  3. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Thank you. I got a good price on it after a trade or two. I traded a JD 757 60 inch mower as part of the deal...lol Rebates, emp. discount.

Still way too nice a truck to plow and salt with in my opinion but at the end of the day....Its a work truck, and needs to earn its keep.
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Are you sure it's big enough? LOL

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

god damn thats a sweet ass truck!!!
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

holy crow. i like that truck. ill help you decide on a plow....Boss 9'2 VXT
  7. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

The quad cabs these days are longer than they used to be. I needed it to carry supplies, spill kits, tools etc etc. Or Id of bought the standard cab. I've been underpowered and have had payload issues in the past so I wanted to avoid that part. I carry a lot of weight in summer season too.
  8. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

that thing would look awesome with a 9-6 Xtreme V or a Blizzard 810 or 8611LP

Sweet truck! congrats
  9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thats a very nice truck...congrats!:drinkup:
  10. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Thanks gang. I know the dually isn't the ideal plow truck but it will push a lot of snow and carry the salt. If I can find any. Or afford it. ugh
  11. itzkcatz

itzkcatz Member
    from CT

Boss is my choice, go with a 9 footer if your doing big lots
  12. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

snoway megablade series. Nice truck.
  13. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

9.2 boss with the boss wings, and you will be surprised at how well that dually plows, you wont even use 4 wheel drive as near as much.
  14. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Now you will want to keep it this way.
    Soooooo when you repair it.
    Don't use any J.B.Weld...:nono:
  15. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I am going to agree with everyone on the Boss Plow, the truck is very nice, it had to cost alot.
  16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What's big and white and sleeps 6? Snowpowers truck. LOL J/k
  17. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

nice rig and good choice of color :drinkup:
  18. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Had I had my druthers Id of goten the standard cab. Much more manueverable, but like I said I just need more indoor storage for all my gear, and eventually....next spring, it will have a spray rig in it too so a bed rail box wouldnt cut it.

And I could have gotten away without the dually but ever since I was a kid I wanted one, and I do carry several tons on occassion and 1 ton or more a lot of times so payload and stability is important even though the payload capacity isn't that much bigger on a 1 ton over a 3/4 ton.

Its roughly 2800 pounds for both trucks.
  19. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Id prefer black but it's a rolling billboard for the business. Looks clean and professional. Plus it really does hide the dirt. Im anal about washing my stuff and keeping it nice but there were several times already I said....yeah I can tell it's got a haze of road grime etc and needs bath, but from 20 feet away it looks pretty damned fine.

Ive never owned a white vehicle before but its true what people say about the dirt.

Ill be adding a Pace 16-17 foot enclosed V-Nose trailer next year all lettered up.

Wont be able to miss me then. Its a great marketing tool in my opinion.
  20. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Np man......i have a question why is a dually not ideal for plowing? I dont want to change ur thread...........jw!:salute: