1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wxmn6, Aug 31, 2002.

1. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I am the proud owner of my new 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. I bought this truck last week and just took delivery today. The ride is very smooth and quiet when I drove back home. Really likes the interior, plenty of room and a very comfortable 40/20/40 seat. Also I like the look of front end with power dome hood. In forest green metallic color, it looks very nice. Before I took delivery, my dealer got my truck bed sprayed with Rhino Liner. Looks very nice and strong. I really love this truck! :D

Specifications: Vortec 6000 V8 with HD 4 speed automatic transmission w/ tow/haul mode, LS trim level, 4WD, Extended Cab, Short Box, 4.10 rear axle ratio, snowplow prep package, rear window defogger with dual power heated mirrors, electrical convenience package, electronic shift transfer case, 6-way power seats.

2500hdpic1.jpg

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

good luck with your new truck,Love the color:drinkup:

3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Congrats Stephen :drinkup:

Nice looking truck, nice color as cat said.

Now you need to change your Avatar!

~Chuck

4. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Congrats on the new truck :nod:

Gotta love the color of "Money"

Best of Luck

5. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

WOW, i love it. Shes a beauty. I love how those 2500HD's sit up nice and high. I like the wheels they come with too, makes it look mean. Good luck with it. Will she be getting a nice new snowplow on her? And if so what kind? A nice Fisher would look great on there. Mike :drinkup:

6. wxmn6

Thanks guys! I forgot to mention about the forged polished aluminum wheels on my truck. It really do looks very nice! :D

Right now my plan is to continue to use my Toyota pickup for snowplowing this winter. Due to lack of snow last winter, I really did not get much experience. I would like to work with a small 1/2 ton truck for snowplowing for my beginning experience. Then when I get a good experience and if I feel comfortable plowing with my new truck then I will. My new 2500HD is pretty big so it would be scary to me to plow snow with it with very little experience. If I could get at least a decent snowfall this winter, then there is a chance that I might get a snowplow next year for my new truck. :cool:

My truck could handle many different Fisher plows. It could use from 7.5' RD up to 9' HD, and both 8.5' and 9.5' V plows. Also can use 7.5' and 8' X-Blade. So many choices that I could not figure out what I think I might want. I would like to wait until later and figure out what I think is the best for me. I am in college for my second and final year. It depends on what happens in the future.

Chuck - I will be changing my avatar but I would like to try to get a better picture of my new 2500HD. The picture above looks good to me but I think I could get a better picture. :)

7. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

MORE PICTURES, MORE PICTURES!! me loves pictures, ;) Mike

8. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

I was up that way again today... If i had known I would have kept an eye out for that nice green truck! Where did you get it?

9. wxmn6

I bought this truck at DeNooyer Chevrolet in Albany on Wolf Road.

10. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I felt the same way when i got my truck but i had no choice and bit the bullet and put the plow on and started plowing with it.Wish i could of used it for at least year before plowing with it.

11. wxmn6

As for pictures, I will be posting more pictures later after my truck get cleaned and waxed well. I have to bring my truck back in someday soon to have the auxiliary battery installed. I don't need the auxiliary battery right now but I want to have it in my truck just in case I need it someday. So that way I won't have to worry about having it installed later. Then after that my dealer will have my truck washed & waxed and filled up. Then I am all set. :)

A question about the 2500HD trucks - I know that in GM specification sheet that it says that all 2500HD trucks are 3/4 ton. But the 2500 trucks also are 3/4 ton. I would like to know if 2500HD trucks is really 1 ton or is it close to 1 ton? How would you describe your 2500HD truck? Thanks.

12. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

well for registering it i would say that it is a very low weight 2500 .But as far as we are concerned it is a 1 ton at 9200LBS that is what the old 3500 series pickups where.

13. wxmn6

Finally here are the pics. These pics was taken after my truck got the auxiliary battery kit installed at my dealer. The Service did an excellent job, it looks like it came out of factory. Not only that they did a professional job installing the kit, they even put in a battery for me for free. They also even washed and cleaned my truck. :)

First pic

2500hdpic1net.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2002
  14. wxmn6

Second Pic

2500hdpic2net.jpg

15. wxmn6

Third pic

2500hdpic3net.jpg

16. wxmn6