1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Jun 24, 2002.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Brought the new truck (2002 Chev 2500HD ext cab short box) home today. What a nice truck. Guess there's no turning back now!

Sincere thanks to all of you for the advice,

Joel B.

2. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Must be nice to be independently wealthy !!!!:nod:

Just kidding !!! :D Good Luck with the truck :drinkup:

Now I'm jealous

3. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Joel,

I've been a little busy so I'm not one of the ones who offered you advice, but I've been following your decision-making process as it's been played out here on plowsite.

There will come a bitter cold morning, around 4 a.m., and you will find yourself rolling around on the pavement with slush soaking into your underwear, and salty water dripping into your face, holding a radidly dimming flashlight in your mouth, trying to figure out what specially working part that makes your truck go is no longer a "working" part, and at *that* moment this realization will come to you........"I must be out of my mind!!"

Then, you will think back, to this small corner of cyberspace, and, with warm feelings, remember all the kind words, support, advice, wisdom, and encouragement you received from the folks here at plowsite, and you will realize this fundamental truth--pretty much everyone here is out of their mind too!

Welcome to the club, guy.... :D

4. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 Member
    from SW Minn

Aren't we all!!!!!
    Good luck with your new rig.

5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

AMEN digger! :nod:

~Chuck

6. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I Couldnt have said it better myself

Digger that was right on the money....

May I quote you?

"You may be right.... I may be Crazy.... But I just may be the lunatic your looking for...."

That is when the snow is piling up at 2 or 3 inches and hour and no signs of it stopping.... God do I miss those days!!!!

7. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

What's Snow?

8. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

what's snow?

hey ceaman ....
    I thought after plowing for almost 30 years I knew what snow was... but lately I am not so sure... Maybe I better go check ol' Dan Webster's dictionary out for the right definition... cause i sure havent seen much this past winter....

Hey JAA I'm sure you got some pics of what snow looks like !!! Don't ya?

Wanna show ceaman what it looks like?:p :help:

9. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I saw JAA's snow pics at the SIMA show...... it wasnt really snow it was that man made stuff..... I know he came in late at night and re-positioned those show machines so he could make his $$$.... :D :rolleyes: :eek:

In all honesty john did one heck of a job at the Olympics, for those of you who didnt get to hear his story at the symposium. you should see the letter he recieved from the Olympic "Boss" patting him on the back.

10. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Among other definitions, which seem to have no relevance here, there is this verb form; snow\ to deceive, persuade, or charm glibly.

Any resemblance to the advice Joel got here is purely coincidental... :)

11. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

All the time I thought "snow" was something the weather guessers mentioned in their forecast to get Snowplowers blood pressure up!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rick

12. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

:p LOL was that a shot at me or my remarks ????:gunsfiring:

Just kidding digger... gotta keep it light here.

13. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Yeah. If you can't keep your sense of humor you'll go out of your mind. Oh....wait....we've already established that we're out of our minds, haven't we? :confused: :confused: :confused:

:D

14. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

There is nothing like driving a new truck.
    Then theirs that feeling you get when that first jerk slids through that intersection (in a storm) heading for that new truck.

15. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Yes digger that fact has been established.

Anyone who actually likes getting out of bed every hour to check out the window and cant wait for the flakes to star falling so he/she can get out of the nice warm bed, get dressed and trudge out into weather that is normally unfit for man or beast just so other people can get out of their driveways, drive passable roads and park in clean lots has to be just a tad out of their mind.

:rolleyes: :nod:

16. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

AND DARN PROUD OF IT!!

(Two days before the 4th of July and I'm all psyched up to go plow snow now. This can't be healthy...)

17. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Digger I know what you mean....

I was looking at the plow today and daydreaming

18. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

-- The fact that it is literally 100 in the shade has been making me wish for it just a bit more !!

19. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Just a friendly reminder.
    2001 2500HD reg. cab long box.

00_00008_1.jpg

20. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

nice truck is that a duramax/allison or 6liter gas.