1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck!!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gotsnow?, Jan 9, 2008.

1. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I am now a Ford guy!! I have been on the Dodge side for sometime now (in the process of selling my 97 Dodge 1500), but I just bought a 2000 Ford F-250 SD with the Powerstroke!! What a sweet truck?! This is my first diesel and I'm excited about it. It's an ext. cab, long bed, 4x4, XLT w/ 175,xxx miles..... payup Here's the best part $9,000! Can you beat that deal?? :bluebounc

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

welcome to the club!

that is quite the upgrade. nice price too!

if ya get some extra time there are a bunch of really informative diesel sites around but the one im normally lurking at is ford-trucks.com

oh and wheres the pics?!

3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

youll be glad you switched! ditto on the ford-trucks.com its an AWESOME site def. check it out. those 7.3 powerstrokes are an awesome motor. we need some pics thoug :drinkup:

4. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I know I need to get some pictures up! Possibly tomorrow evening. What's a good maintanence regiment to get started on right away (the truck was a trade in at a new car Chevy dealer, the dealership hadn't even gone through the truck yet and cleaned it...)?? With the higher miles I want to be sure and maintane this engine/truck best I can. Thanks for your comments, David

and pictues WILL be coming soon!!

5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Well, and oil change, oil filter change, fuel filter change, air filter change, inspect hoses and other fluid levels. Look into changing the diff fluid and transfercase fluid. the trans fluid. Check balljoints for play, check the turbo shaft for play. im sure there is more things to check also but that should get you started!

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Keep the oil clean and keep an eye on the oil pan. Some people have said they rust through. Good deal though, best of luck with it!

7. karol

karol Senior Member

ford

Welcome to the family.

8. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

welcome to the ford family yes if you want to find out anything about our trucks go to fordtrucks.com great site and alot of good people helping each other out with different mods and questions

9. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Welcome to the Ford Family , do u have any photos yet

10. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

the ford dose not drve as nice as the dodge but is a way better truck for work . good luck once you go ford you wont go back imo

11. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Is that Dodge newer than a 2002? The last Dodge we have a 02 back to 98 and they all drive worse than any Ford!

12. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

congrats on new baby please post some pic if get a chance . get some fleet garud coolant test strip if coolant looks bad or fails the test flush her remember the additive from ford dealer .

13. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Pictures!!

Finally got some pictures, the first few are of the old truck and switching the plow controls/wiring over to the new F-250!

100_2465.jpg

100_2464.jpg

100_2474.jpg

100_2487.jpg

100_2488.jpg

14. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Awesome....nice setup. Hey, keep us posted on how she pushes. I'm considering diesel for my next plow truck.

Thanks

Pete

15. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

sweet lil brother just like mine LOL . first thing and the best thing too do is get the towing mirrors !!!!:D

16. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

i'd say EXCELLENT PRICE...

on trade in on a 99 f-350 super crew cab, 211,000 miles 4wd PSD XL...i got $10,000 back in march. so EXCELLENT BUY.

welcome to the PSD club!

17. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

Sounds like it was a good upgrade, I see that's what the old owner did too.

You do know that a Ford is just a Farted (censored) over rebuilt dodge though right?:eek:

Just bustin your balls. Nice truck. 7.3 should last quite a while.

18. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Thanks on all the remarks!! I'm really impressed with the it! If we ever get any snow in north east indiana I'll be able to let you know on how it pushes. I'm thinking towing mirrors would be nice, a V10 that I test drove had them and you can see everything behind you. Nice view!
    Yeah I couldn't believe that deal, $9000! Course the dealer had taken it on a trade in, they probably only had $7500 into it and I could have probably offered them $8500 and gotten the deal... payup But I'm still happy! I'm looking to get the rockers all the way across the bottom and around the wheel wells (fender flare area) Line-Xed soon! I'll post some pictures then too. Thanks David-

19. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Funny you should mention the acronym, I have my old 'Dodge' rubber floor mats on driver and passenger floor board!! he he!

20. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

That's funny. At least you didn't get mad. Some people are too sensitive. I wouldn't have been serious unless it was foreign. :eek: I was always a Ford guy until last March when I "settled" for a Chevy. I was miserable just thinking about it. Then I was in denial about how much I loved it, until I finally got used to the idea and could be happy about it. I still have my gripes about it. Such as these things seemingly being designed around midgets. They are smaller than the Fords. A little less interior room, the arm rest is too low, you have to have the wheel a little higher than you would in a Ford to see the whole gauge cluster, and the most irritating part is having a truck that you have to jack up to work on. I swear I was ready to smash something the last time I changed the oil because I couldn't use a creeper so I was laying on the wet floor and could still barely get to it.