1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new truck!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mopar/hiniker, Mar 6, 2007.

1. mopar/hiniker

mopar/hiniker Junior Member
    from iowa

just got a new truck some one ruined my 1500 when they put the plow on. So i got a 2002 club cab with a 24v i-6. Now heres the hard part im leaving hiniker plows i dont think they are that great anymore. and they give you no off season ground clearenc. so i think im going to go with a boss straight blade any thoughts on the plow? and what upgrades should i put in the truck.

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

care to elaborate....who did what to your 1500 and how did it ruin it? What truck did you replace it with and what prep packages did it come with? I am assuming its a 2500 Cummins?

3. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

if you are looking for off season ground clearance go with a western better than any other plow on the market

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Behold the power of a western and year round off roadablity.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I remove the push-bar for the summer on my Hiniker.
    It's not that hard to remove the 4 bolts that hold it on.
    Then you don't even see the rest of the plow frame.

Nothing wrong with getting a Boss straight blade.

Upgrades, timbrens. and a V plow.

So how did you ruin your truck?
    Every 1500 user will tell you that a 1/2 ton is great for plowing? ;)

Is the 02 a 3/4 or a 1ton?

6. mopar/hiniker

from iowa

my 02 is a 3/4. and the hiniker is just not hevey enogh and i dont like it thinking about boss but heard they stick out alot on the fram more than hiniker? and my 1500 just had no power anymore i dont know why?

7. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

SO how did the plow ruin the 1500??

I take it the 3/4 ton truck is a diesel since you mentioned it was a 24v I-6??

8. mopar/hiniker

from iowa

well i dont know how the plow ruined it. but it just had no power anymore. i would go up a hill with no weight or anything in the truck, but me and it would drop 30 mph. It would go from 60 to 30. And i would give it gas and it would just stay there at 30. And it would always get stuck even wit the plow off . It never go stuck before the plow was on it. and i guess 1/2 tons just arent for plowing. Thats just my opinon so dont get mad at me just telling you guys what i think. about a plow now im also looking at curtis they look like good plows. They say they give you the most off season ground clerence? does any one have a picture of the mount. o and also its a 6 speed so where do i mount the plow controlls? thanks for your help.