1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by killed300ex, Feb 27, 2007.

1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

Been looking for a dodge diesel for awhile but havent been able to afford one as they seem to be selling for extreme amounts of money. Well I found a fixer upper for under 5000. I am so excited, going to pick it up later this week or this weekend. Here are some pictures. Truck needs a little body work (bottom of the door and rear fender wells) It also needs a little interior work(seat climate control nobs ect) also needs tires and a fuel sending unit as the guage doesnt work. Works out well as I have a whole parts truck just sitting around with all the parts I need since I had one dodge get totaled.
    Anyways Ill get more pictures once I pick up the truck.
    Evan

cummins_turbo_diesel.jpg

drivers_side.jpg

front.jpg

pas_side.jpg

rear.jpg

2. sno king

sno king Junior Member

dosent look bad!

3. killed300ex

Thanks forgot to add its a 1994 2500 with 156k on it.

4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Truck looks familiar

I swear I know that truck.lol
    Nice buy, I wouldnt mind one of those myself!!!!

5. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Nice truck. Those 12 Valve Cummins motors are the best. Gotta watch those older Dodge trannies, though.

6. Caleb55

Caleb55 Member

That's pretty low miles on a Cummins

7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

But the question on everyone's mind........ when is the Fisher going on it?!? ;)

Great find, man

~Kevin

8. killed300ex

You probably do know the truck as I bought it off a guy up you your way in fryburg maine.
    I still cant believe I finally own one, expesially at the price I bought it at.
    The steering and transmission are the tightest I have every felt in a 3/4 ton dodge. As of right now no plans on puting a plow on it. Saving that duty for the dodge m37 im building. Planing on puting a fisher on that one :nod:
    Evan

9. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Small world....

Funny, there was one in the Conway Sun for a while without many details,just that it was a Dodge 4x4,diesel,ladder racks no year and a very resonable price, I bet that was the one...
    Good Deal.

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I like the front bumper! Great deal on that cummins, good luck with it

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks like you got it for a steal. I like the heavy duty bumpers. You don't have to worry about fender benders anymore. Congrats!

12. killed300ex

Cant wait to go pick up the truck. Going to go up and trailer it back home tommorow night. Wish I could drive it but thats just not going to happen. Should be a good test for my friends 2005 dodge ram 2500 with the hemi. Thanks for all the comments cant wait to get some more pictures.
    Evan

13. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice looking truck! Not a bad price at all for $5000, especially with the year and miles. Good luck with it!!

14. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Nice truck.

If you have to pull the tank to do the sending unit, be sure to check the (1) steel brake line that supplies the rear brakes and the (2) plastic/rubber fuel lines that are mounted on the frame, behind the tank. These have a tendency to rot away and if they need changing, you might as well do it while the tank is down. Oh and BTW, if they do need replacing, don't bother calling your local dealer as many of the brake and fuel lines are no longer alvailable. The only lines you can get are the front and rear rubber lines that go from the frame down the calipers and rear axle housing. When i had to do my 97 Cummins, I bought a real nice tubing kit and made all new steel and plastic lines. Good luck with it.

Ryan

15. killed300ex

Here are some new pictures. I am loving the diesel. Started right up this morning with a -15 wind chill. So far I have already installed a set of 285/75/16 bfg mud terrains. Not sure what I am going to do next the diesel bug has definitly bit me :nod:
    Evan

DSCF0040.JPG

DSCF0041.JPG

DSCF0042.JPG

DSCF0043.JPG

16. Lawn Care Plus

Lawn Care Plus Senior Member

That is a nice monster!

Tim

17. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Straight pipe that bad boy! :nod: It would sound like a Peterbilt coming down the road; probably sounds close to one now!;) Good lookin truck!

18. killed300ex

definitly loud as is but not loud enough. You definitly cant go through a fast food drive thru without shutting the engine off. I am thinking straight pipe with 5" stacks :D Should make it sound like a big rig coming down the road. I am also thinking about getting a new fuel plate and intake. Should really wake this beast up.
    Thanks
    Evan

19. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

so the next time you visit, you should pull my L48 at 80MPH or better:waving:

20. killed300ex

hopefully! Have yet to hook it up to a trailer but I am sure that it will tug it along just fine. The l48 still running good? Been awhile since I have seen you around.
    Evan