1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Snowbrdr360, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

I've been shopping around for some time and found a 2006 Silverado 2500HD ext cab Duramax that I can get a killer deal on! Also, they are going to pay off my existing truck, more than what it is worth even! If all goes as planed, I'm going to be picking it up this Tuesday:redbounce :redbounce

No pictures of the truck, but its Silver with the dark charcoal interior, front buckets, bose sound, plow prep package, ect. Everything I want at least!!

Now, I think the mount for my Western Ultra-Mount is different. I have a 1500 now, from what I have heard the frame is different. True?

Any help is appreciated!!

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

You will need a different mount for your truck but the wiring should swap right over. Congrats on the new truck.

3. Snowbrdr360

Thanks man!

Side note, if anyone has a mount for a 2006 2500HD i'll take it!

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

you will surely be getting pics for us right??:waving: congrats on the vehicle!

5. Snowbrdr360

For sure! I'm planing to pick it up on Tuesday, so that night hopefuly! The plow isnt going to be transfered over untill Wednesday

6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Congratulations and good luck with your new toy. Have a car fax report done before you do the deal.. And get a good mechanic check it out for accident and mechanical damage.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  7. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

Your Dealer, didnt make you take the truck home for the weekend?

That is strange, I would suggest you take it for a long drive on tuesday, before you buy it.

I would think they maybe hiding something from you.

8. Snowbrdr360

I walked away from the deal on Friday since they jerked my chain on my trade, they called back a bit later and met my conditions:gunsfiring: Told me I could take it and do the paperwork later. I was already slamed with a list of things to get done and didn't have the time. Also, friends of my folks are the owners:)

9. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

Thats really cool, even better you know the previous owners.
    Know wonder why the rest of us can't find a used one. lol

10. Snowbrdr360

Its brand new:) My parents are friends with the owners of the dealership:bluebounc

11. truck5029

truck5029 Member

new truck

Better get gap ins if they r going to give u more then what your truck is worth u r going be upside down on the note. If any thing happens to the truck u will still owe money on the truck over what the ins co will give u.

12. Snowbrdr360

Prevented that, they are paying off the remaining payments on my lease so its not even a trade, I'm basicly walking away from my old lease, and getting into a 0% for 60 months financing program from GMAC.

Its a brand new truck, just a 2006 leftover:) Its got the LBZ too:gunsfiring:

13. truck5029

truck5029 Member

You are still upside down,the truck will lose about 5000in worth as so as you put your name on the paper work.

14. Snowbrdr360

Employee price solves that issue:salute: I am still getting gap insurance tho

15. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Enjoy it.. You'll love the Duramax. Nice to have friends that own a dealer.

16. Snowbrdr360

Thanks! My plow gets pulled off in the morning and I'll be picking up my new truck tomorow night... I CANT WAIT:gunsfiring: