1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by EarthTech Landscapes, Feb 27, 2001.

1. EarthTech Landscapes

EarthTech Landscapes Junior Member

Guys just got my new Durmax Chevy. I'm very impressed. This is one awesome pulling truck. I have had it since last thurs, and have 1040 miles on it. it sure makes the ford look like a piece of crap. i had a 99 lariat powerstroke 4x4, that went through 4 trannys in 62,000 miles. Anyways if anyone is thinking of a new truck take the new 2500hd chev with the Durmax diesel for a spin. Also the Allision auto is great to.

2. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

Got one about a month ago and I love it too. I have a LS ext. cab. 4x4. What options did you get? This truck has so much power and its fast too. Check out the thread in the snow plow forum (Drove the new Duramax today). I have had so many people come up to me and ask me how I like it. There are not any of them around here and everyone has heard of them. Last night I was at Best Buys getting out of my truck and some guy was just standing there looking at me, I was like WHAT? and he said "How do you like that?" and I said "oh the truck"......

3. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

J Rodgers

Now you know how rock stars feel. LOL

Bruce

4. EarthTech Landscapes

jrodgers it's the LT version fully loaded 4x4, extended cab long box. I also had a custom cabgaurd built by Pro-tech for it. it sure does have amazing power. Hey what kind of fuel milage are you getting with yours. I also have a custom built fuel tank for the bed being made.

5. bob

bob PlowSite.com Veteran

I drove one a few weeks ago. I loved it. I'll probably order one in the fall. I'm entitled to a GM discount(they won't discount the Duramax engine itself). On another forum, a fellow with a Duramax was getting 17.8 mpg.

6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I'm waiting for the hd's to come out then that will be the truck to buy.

7. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

Yeah that is probably what mine get about 17 mpg. Hey cat320 the hd's are out thats what this is 2500hd. I want to get some running boards or something and a bedliner also. What did you mean cabguard what does that do and is the gas tank in the bed an aux. gas tank or one for machinery? Mine is also a long bed . EarthTech How much did you pay for yours?....are you going to plow with it?....

8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I mean the 15K gvw HD's

9. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

Wont be 2001 they are the same as last year with the 6.5s.....

10. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Yeah we know that, that is why we are waiting till 2002-03 for the 15K+ with 4x4.
    Dino

11. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH Junior Member

Poor fellows, I'd rather push my f250 4x4 crew psd than drive one of them old duramax junkers.

12. EarthTech Landscapes

jrodgers the fuel tan is for refueling machinery. Check out the cabgaurds at http://www.protech.net they are great for carring long items such as pipe, ladders etc. I have had them on several trucks. i also use there toolboxes too. There boxes are stong enough to stand on top of them with out bending or breaking. I will not be plowing snow with my truck. If you have anymore questions please ask.

13. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Earthtech,I hate to be the bearer of bad nws,but many guys with the new HD's ahve been having problems with the beds cracking when installing aftermarket headache racks,and toolboxes.It seems the sheetmetal is thinner on the new HD's than the C/K it replaces.A few guys who had racks and toolboxes on their C/K's for 10 yrs,put them on the HD's and in 1-3 months time the bed was cracking,and GM will not warranty the damage,which is over 1000 dollars.Once they are damaged they are never repaired right either,It was recommended that any accesorys put on the new HD's be put on full lenth side rails to distribute the weight better.Good luck with your new truck,my friends runs like a scalded dog-man it screams,especially on top end,makes my 350 feel like a 6.2 diesel LOL.

14. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Those who would rather push a ford than drive a chevy
    USUALLY DO.
    Dino

15. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Nice shot, Dino!

Bruce

16. EarthTech Landscapes

jrodgers the Protech cabgaurd that i have is custom built for the truck and I did have the feet go the full length of the bedrails, even that i wasn't aware of this problem. Having it done this way adds alot of strength to the cabgaurd and it protects the box as well. Guys i have seen a few 3500 cab hd with just the cabs and dual wheels with the new dmax diesel.

17. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Good thing that buy don't mind pushin', he's drivin' the right brand.