1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by motorider000, May 12, 2005.

1. motorider000

motorider000 Senior Member

Well if finally did it. I got sick of my irreliable used trucks and bought myself a 2005 2500hd with the duramax and allison trans. I got the base package with plow prep and towing. So far i love it. I plan to use this truck to push an 8 foot western pro. Is there anything that i should be aware of?? Any known problems??

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Congrats on the new ride. I would suggest turning up the torsion bars and addin a set of timbrens under the front. Other than that, you have a great truck. Can't wait to see some pics.

William

3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Whats with everyone getting these chevy's :rolleyes:

4. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

what you dont like them :gunsfiring:

5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

the only known problem i have found is finding a dealer that can support you and one that knows diesels. it doesnt matter what brand truck you get a good dealer can make a huge difference.
    there have been some problems with the duramax and allison, but most if not all of hte bugs have been worked out by now. like anything new there will be problems that need to be fixed. enjoy your new truck, and remember every month you will be reminded how much you like it when the payment is due. :)

6. motorider000

motorider000 Senior Member

Actually its not a chevy it is a gmc but same difference practically. As far as payment i just couldn't afford to keep the old truck running ($3000 worth of maintenance from 3 separate breakdowns in a two weeks) I was really getting to know the tow truck drivers.

7. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

were are the pics man and good luck with your new ride :drinkup: