1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by crazy caper, Mar 3, 2005.

1. crazy caper

crazy caper Junior Member

just bought 2002 gmc seria 8 cyl. want to put plow on it what size would be best and what will i have to do to get truck ready doen't have plow package on it it's a single cab have light bar already need to know about wight in box and stuff thank you
    oh yea live in cape breton nova scotia where the real snow is :) :)
    own use only not doing any major plowing :angel:
  2. dmcenery

dmcenery Member

New Plow

Congrats on the new truck purchase. I would go with a 8ft. straight blade either Boss or Western w/ the poly moldboard for lower maint. Make sure to raise the torsion bars a few turns and install some timbren load boosters to help out your front end. I own both Chevy and Ford and prefer the Chevy front end for its turning ability. Good Luck! Dan
  3. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

what size truck 1500 2500 2500HD 3500 srw or 3500 drw with out that cant tell you what size plow you can put on truck.
  4. crazy caper

crazy caper Junior Member

plow for truck

sorry 1500 4x4 light duty