1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new truck

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by crazy caper, Mar 3, 2005.

1. crazy caper

crazy caper Junior Member

Just bought a 2002 gmc serria what size plow would i need and what will i have to do to the truck to get it ready it's an 8 cyl. and does not have a plow package
    only want it for own use . thank you oh yea live in cape breton nova scotia where the real snow is!!! :) :)

2. fordman89

fordman89 Junior Member

it depends on what size truck it is if it is a 1/2 ton a 3/4 ton of a 1 ton.

3. gpin

gpin Senior Member

We only go with 7.5 on 1/2 tons, but I know people who go with 8' without any problems

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

some driveways are a ***** with 8ft blade

5. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

7.5 or 8ft. and airbags in the front!

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

without plow package I would go 7.5 and remember you will not easily be able to switch to commercial with that setup should you get bit by the bug.

7.5 will not clear the wheels at full angle so you can be driving over snow causing loss of traction, especially if your driveway has a curve of any distance- but it will work for most uses