1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Polarisrmkguy, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Polarisrmkguy

Polarisrmkguy Junior Member

Hello everyone! This will be my first post on this site, And was wondering if anyone out there might have a check list to go by as far as a yearly things to check and replace. I just bought a 1986 Chevy 3/4 2500 with a 7 1/2 western. This will be my 2nd year plowing with it but first year owning it. Don't know much. Any feedback would be wonderful. :help:

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Hello and welcome,

Check this thread out:

http://plowsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17320

In this thread is a list that has been started by the Professionals that have been doing this for a long time. Thanks guys for putting this up. Sure is helping me to get things in order.

JP

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Sounds like some good suggestions. I like the idea about spraying your frame with a lubricant/protect-ant. I have always sprayed my salter, but didn't think about the entire truck frame, that just makes sense. I don't know how old that western is, if it operates slow there is a screen filter in the reservoir. To access it, drain fluid, then remove the electric motor, (this will require a new gasket before you replace it) and filter should be in plain site. You can either replace the screen or clean it. All of this is pretty simple & relatively cheap to do. I do recommend this because the plow is second hand & if you don't know the previous owner, you don't know what could be in the fluid or case. I would also replace the hoses if they show any signs of damage, a new hose can bust just as easy but not as likely. Remember if you don't change the filter, at least change the fluid.
    Hope this helps!
    BOAST :waving:

4. Polarisrmkguy

Polarisrmkguy Junior Member

Wonderful!! I now have a full list of things i should get going on thanks ALOT for all of your help.