1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new truck ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by icebreaker, Jan 17, 2015.

1. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Looking for feedback on 2015 dodges srw 4x4 3500 snowplow prep anybody got one and how do you like or dislike? I have all gm trucks now except for sidewalk crew as a dodge van. I have 3 duramaxs plus a hand full of 6.0 ,5.7, 454. But I want another truck and you can only get the 6.2 in the Denali package (no thank you) so looking at the 6.4 hemi thank you for your imput
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Not quite the same, but I've got a '13 2500 diesel with plow prep and I like it just fine. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the big three manufacturers anymore. If I were to do it over I'd skip the diesel and get the 6.4.
  3. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I have 2 2014 3500 srw dodges that we plow with. So get they have been great. One is a regular cab 6.4 and one is a crew cab diesel. I like the diesel because it's my personal truck and with a 2yd salter and wideout out front, I like the extra torque of a diesel. We have all dodges and have had great luck with them. We currently run a 2012 2500 hemi, 2010 2500 hemi, and a 2008 3500 diesel. IMO dodge makes a great truck and is as good as whatever else is out there. Let's be honest, plowing snow is not easy on trucks and we haven't put much in the forms in repairs on our trucks.
  4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

No issues or complaints at all with either our '13 6.4 Hemi, or '14 6.4 Hemi. Both have been great trucks and they get worked hard.
  5. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Still want to hear about the Life Time Warranty dodge offers...
  6. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

thanks for the feedback guys like I said just doing a little tire kicking going to be hard to switch brands what's this about a lifetime warranty?
  7. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

F350 with the 6.2 gas. Made to work.
  8. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Greatest Truck EVER made......If you put a Boss Plow on it the thing will pretty much plow all by itself.....It will stack 6 storys high.....You will NEVER have issues with the truck or plow.....Just make sure you put a "cummings" in it........:salute:
  9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Is dodge making trucks, I thought the big three included Ford, Chevy, and Ram.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  10. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Go to one of your local dealers, they'll explain it to you.
  11. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Good advice.......People have to research things and the best place to start is at the dealer selling the product.....:drinkup:
  12. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

13. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

14. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I bought a Ram and it doesn't say Ram anywhere on the truck and the only place it says Dodge is on the overhead when you start it, it flashes Dodge for a sec.

no, I didn't remove the emblems.
    other that that funky bighorn badge.

that life time warranty or any warranty from the big 3 don't often cover commercial vehicles like they do private vehicles.
    Not that you may a dealer that will get it in under the warranty, the mfg'd are cracking down on this.
  15. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I Traded my 05 gmc for a 2014 ram 2500, 6.4. It's nice to drive a real truck again. The 6.4 is better on gas and even with 3.73 gears it out pulls that gm any day of the week and holds a plow better too. You will not regret buying a ram...
  16. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

So dose it have the lifetime warranty???
  17. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

It's not a done deal yet and watch what you say I don't want to hurt the fleets feelings. I might not even go that way after all these years plowing gm has never let me down once ever
  18. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Going to check tomorrow on that but I doubt if they do for commercial truck
  19. dstifel

dstifel Senior Member
    from Iowa

Got the lifetime on my 14 ram but is only a half ton. They seemed as if I would get it in a 2500 as well though.
  20. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

1,000,000 mile lifetime warranty does not apply to trucks bought in a business name
    You have to buy and register it in a personal name and it costs $3,000
    I was all set to buy a dodge but before I signed the finance manger said I can't the life time warranty after the sales man said yes I can
    So walked across the street and bought another ford
    My friend runs several new dodge and he says can't even tell you are towing a trailer with it he left Ford for dodges and his guys love them
    You really can't go wrong with any truck now