1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"NEW" truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EGLC, Mar 24, 2013.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

This purchase has been 4 months in the making. Put $ down on it back in december. I cannot even begin to describe how clean it is.

2000 F450 7.3L 4x4 - 84,600 miles

now for the "before" pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Upgraded the grill today. Have 2007 lights for it but need upgraded wireharness. Have a long list of small yet noticeable changes/upgrades I will be doing to this truck

[​IMG]

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Holy clean! Beautiful truck, I'd drive it, even though its a Ford.

3. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

Love those 7.3's! can't wait to see what the rest of it looks like!

4. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

Looks awesome did you need to cut the bumper??

5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Almost forgot, plow?

6. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats - that is super clean! I like the updated grille!

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Awesome truck man, congrats. Now just swap a cummins in it when that 7.3 blows and you will be all set.

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I don't put much mileage on my work "only" trucks. It should last me a loooong time before the motor blows. And with my projection #s + my own personal tendencies by 150k it will be gone for a newer truck. Still 100k before needing a rebuild from what I have seen on these trucks

as far as plows go I have a 8' pro plus w/ wings i might put on. would prefer a wideout or 9'6" mvp w/ wings. have to see how summer plays out & our snow contracts for 2013-14.

few things that will be on truck by end of month; rear wheel mud covers & whelen 500 series LEDs

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  9. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

I thought you bought that truck months ago? Dint you post pics awhile back of it?

10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I dropped 5 stacks on it months ago. The guy was having a new floor put on it + I was in no rush to drop the rest & it was sitting in his heated garage all winter so I met him in CT and made the final purchase of it today.

11. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

congrats on a beautiful truck, clean is not the word for that engine bay. I have a 99 7.3 with 345,xxx on the clock all stock, the 7.3 doesn't know the meaning of the word "blow up" lol. plus dump/ work trucks usually don't rack up the miles since its mostly used locally. Did you get the precut grill or did you mod it yourself?

12. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

real nice clean truck good luck with it

13. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Shes gonna be a plowing beast

14. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

Looks sweet, i did that same upgrade to my 99 F350 with the new lights, if you dont have the lights yet go onto ebay you can get the new headlights with the wiring harness for 300 bucks. The wiring harnesses's seperate are ridiculous expensive.

15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I bought the pre-cut grill. No sure if I am going to tackle the headlights by cutting or buying a new headlight bracket. I have a pair of harley davidson lights which will set it off nicely.

I found wireharness for $100 on ebay & the headlight holder is about the same.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  16. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

how long till you put it up for sale? i give it until mid summer!!!

17. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

i kept the old brickman truck longer then that ;)

18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice 7.3 F-450. What are your plans for it in the Summer?

19. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Awesome dude!

20. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice truck, keep the pic's coming !