1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Tosa93F250, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Just picked up my 2012 F-250 last Monday. Traded in my 2008 F-150 for it after having that for 4 years. Also traded in my 1993 F-250 since I no longer have time for plowing.

This is how my F-150 sat the morning I took it in for trade:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is what the F-250 looked like the day I took delivery. From the factory it had 245/70/17 BFG Rugged Trail A/T on it. I had the dealer swap those for my 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs. The tires are only about 2 years old with 15k miles on them. For what they cost I couldn't give them up and buy a new set.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Since then I've painted the stock wheels and chrome bumpers, and added a Tailgate Assist shock.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Going to be getting a Westin HDX Grille Guard, Truxedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover, Line-X Premium, and 20% tint on all but the windshield. Also going to be removing the FlexFuel badge from the tailgate. After that it should be all done for a while. No plowing for this one. had to step out of plowing because I finally got a job as an OTR truck driver. Plans are to pick up a ~30ft Travel Trailer/Toy Hauler to drag around behind it.

Depending on how the painted wheels hold up I may just keep them. They look much better than expected. I also like how the chrome caps tie in with the Headlights and emblems.

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck. I like the whay the wheels look black alot more than when they was grey.

4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck .... What is a tailgate assist shock? ... and what's under the hood?

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not sure if it's the same as the Tundra but, the Tundra comes stock with a shock that let's the tailgate down easy so it doesn't just slam down if you let go of it and it assist you when you pick it up to close it. This video shows it well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6nzlDowHEs

6. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Kinda like what Mercer posted a link to. It keeps the tailgate from slamming down when opened. With it I can just pop the handle and the tailgate slowly falls until it gets all the way down. It has pressure pushing against closing the tailgate though so you can't even tell it's there. Ford's built in tailgate assist spring inside makes closing it with one hand easy.

Has the 6.2L gas engine under the hood. Tons more power than my old 4.6L. The diesel just wasn't worth it for me to spend the extra $8k along with higher fuel prices. I'm only planning on towing a 10-12K travel trailer. The truck also spends most of it's time just sitting in a parking lot. Wouldn't be all that great for a diesel so I had to pass on it this time.

7. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

You said you're looking for a car hauler trailer. I have a 34 ft enclosed fifth wheel trail for sale really cheap. Its an Intertate brand with triaxles. 26ft box with 8ft attic.

8. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Got some pictures and a price you could PM with?

9. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck man, I heard that new 6.2 is a beast

10. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Nice truck!

11. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Sheeeeeeesss Looooooonnnnngggggg man! haha, looks good!

12. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Yeah. I'll send them over later today.

13. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Very nice. You'll like it. I love mine!

14. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

good looking truck!!!

defiantly needs window tint and a black toolbox! Thumbs Up

15. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

nice looking truck. Is the bumpers plasti diped?

16. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Thanks. The 6.2 hauls this thing around with ease. Can spin the tires easily if I stomp on it.

Thanks.

Yea it's long. The distance between the wheels is about the same as the distance from the steer axle to the first drive axle on my OTR tractor at work.

Thanks.

Thanks, Tint is in the plans. 20% all around. Not going for a tool box though, I don't really have a use for one. I'm going to get a TruXedo Lo Pro cover for it instead.

Yep, bumpers and wheels were done with the spray cans of PlastiDip. Was about $6 a can at Home Depot. Took 1 can per wheel, 1 can per bumper piece on the back, and another 3 cans to do the front. I still have a few spots that aren't quite fully covered that I need to touch up.

17. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking truck

18. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

I did the front bumpers on the truck about 15000 miles ago without one chip, holds up nice and can take it off

19. Kajun

Kajun Junior Member

I love the Blue with Black wheels...Better than the stock silver look.