1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jmbones, Feb 14, 2012.

1. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

No plow but new truck... picked up a 2012 Power Wagon. Traded my 2005 Power Wagon with 18k miles on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Nice looking truck :)

18k miles - on a 2005 - wow. Is this one going to be a driveway ornament too? :laughing:

3. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Thanks

Yes, garage ornament :) I take care of my toys and only use them when I need to which is why my 05 looked like new and I got $19.500 from the dealer for the trade. They now have it listed for $29,990.

4. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Yeah, doesn't that just bite ya when they do that. If it makes you feel better, they might be doing well to see low 20's for it, it is a gasser after all right?

5. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

I had a friend that was going to give me $22k for it but couldn't get the deal done in time. So I asked the dealer what they were listing it for and he said $29,900 and they would take $24,100.

6. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

5000 profit is their bottom line huh :laughing:

If that were a diesel, it would be worth over 30

7. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

And you said you weren't gonna do it over on Dodgetalk lol.

8. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

I know :D We were going to get an Escalade or Tahoe. But the stars aligned and the wife and I agreed I get a new truck and she upgrades to a larger new Nissan Murano LE that will be better for our 10mo daughter. Dealer gave us $12k for her '08 Nissan Rogue with 86k miles. And the payments for both are still cheaper than an Escalade or Tahoe.

Here's the Murano:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  9. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Nice truck! I love it!

10. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

sick truck. those power wagons sit higher than the 3500's. show us pics when you decide to try out the electonically disconnecting swaybar ;)

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Awesome truck, post back about the new tranny when you get a chance. I just drove a 2012 they other day and it feels a million times better than the 545RFE.

12. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Thanks. Trans is fine so far (only about 250 miles on it) but I never had issues with the one in the 05 either. My only pet peeve with these six speeds, and this goes for my 08 Avenger as well, is they are always shifty. IE, they shift up into OD or 6th gear or whatever it is and you always have to kick it down to get anywhere. For example where I turn onto my street it is a very slight incline and I am going super slow to make the turn but when I give it gas again, it needs to downshift. And if you are not paying attention, it will spinout and/or kick in the traction control. On my '05 I would manually downshift into 2 at this point simply because I don't like to kick it down. No big deal, just me being picky! On the new 2012, you cannot manually downshift by moving the column shifter, you have to use the + or - and do it electronically on it. This takes a second or two.

13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes unfortunetly Dodge is dumb with its transmission programming (we are talking about this in another thread)

My Charger is the same way, reluctant to be in the correct gear for the speed or power I need. My 04 HEMI was like this but almost reverse of what your saying - mine would lug going uphill and lose MPH (about 5-10mph at times) then downshift 2 gears sending the RPM's sky high which wasn't necessary. If it had just downshifted 1 gear once it started to lug, then a stable speed would've been maintained.

I hate to say it but I've taken home multiple F150's with the new 6 speed and 5.0 V8 and LOVE everything about them. Always seem to be in the right gear, no hesitation for shifts, all around nicely matched setup.

14. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

What's the difference between the 545rfe & the 45rfe and which is the better one to have?

15. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome looking truck. Hard to justify selling a truck with such low miles isnt it?

16. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

I don't have any pics of the new one yet, but here are some of the '05:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Couple more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Not when you get a new one with 0 miles :mechanic:

Still miss the black beast a little but the new one easily takes it's place

19. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Dont twist up your truck like that,I know you have the detaching front axle crap but thats stupid.

20. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

It doesn't twist anything, it's all suspension articulation. That's what it was built for. Ever go offroading?

Body lines were the same between the cab and bed as they were 7 years ago when I bought it.