1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BlueRam2500, Sep 30, 2011.

1. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Sold my Dodge and picked this up yesterday. 2011 F150 with the EcoBoost motor, XLT, 3.31 ratio, and the tow package. Great truck, has about 375 miles on it and is averaging 20mpg combined driving. Not going to plow with it, but will use it to tow the quad around for plowing.
  2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

you sold the cummins?!
  3. BlueRam2500

Yep it broke down on me for the last time. I got sick of putting money into it. It was too much for me anyway as I don't need a 3/4 ton diesel as my daily driver. This truck suits me perfectly.

I HATE RUST Senior Member
    from PA

you would have to pay me to drive this truck 1/2 ton and gasser, But if you dont need a 3/4 ton make sens to save money on cheaper fuel and better mileage payup ,overall nice looking truck good luck with it.
  5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking truck. Way to wise up and not keep dumping money into fixing your other truck. That new one will last a while if you're good to it.
  6. BlueRam2500

My girlfriend said the same thing!! Thanks for the kind words.
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Great looking truck. The ride quality should be a huge difference.Thumbs Up
  8. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

Great truck. Have you towed with it yet? Wondering how well that motor pulls.
  9. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Awsome looking truck!Thumbs Up
  10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I'm jealous...been looking for a F150 Platinum with the EcoBoost....great truck you have. I'm doing the same thing, selling the F250 and looking for a 150.

Just can't justify the cost between the two.
  11. BlueRam2500

Haven't towed with it yet but have put about 500 miles on it so far. Its averaging around 20 mpg combined driving which is awesome for a 6k truck. Hope to get a little better when I install an Access tonneau cover in a week or so. I did mash it from 30mph and wow does it pull hard. Hope to hook my boat up to it in a few weeks (6k or so) so we will see how it does.

Thanks for the kind words.
  12. plowmaster07

plowmaster07 Senior Member

Nice rig man! I was almost sold on them.... Plow issue is holding me up right now! Very interested to see how it tows.
  13. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Nice truck, the ecoboost is a cool little motor. I have been trying to get my parents to trade there mustang gt in for a reg cab 2wd ecoboost. Time for exhaust, intake and tuning :}
  14. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

subscribed for updates
  15. BlueRam2500

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I am really loving this truck. I added an Access tonneau cover and tinted the windows last week and I can say that the cover gave me another 1 mpg. With 1800 or so miles on it, the mileage is about 19mpg combined driving. I am on gas tank number 4 and thanks to GasBuddy on the iPhone I am able to maintain my numbers. Its really a great truck, I am super happy with it.

Rob, no mods for this one!! G/F would kill me, and besides I learned my lesson about modding with my Dodge. I want to keep the warranty intact, so if I do anything it will be some FX4 20's and tow mirrors, thats it. Truck is great just the way it is!

I will keep this updated as I put more miles on it.
  16. 01CTD2500

01CTD2500 Member

I wanted the same, but couldn't justify a few thousand more for different wheels, seat color, and brushed trim vs. woodgrain so I went with a loaded Lariat.

I also went from having 3/4 ton Dodge diesels to a half ton, but I absolutely LOVE the pickup. Superb power, great fuel economy, and excelent towing capability.
  17. BlueRam2500

Got about 2700 miles on it and still loving the truck. Mileage is down to around 17-17.5 mixed but still better than the Dodge. This truck really shines with highway driving, can't wait to see what it does going to PA next spring and the shore trips.
  18. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

Great truck...congrats....to bad the F150 has EPS can't plow with that, I am interested to see if anyone can work around this
  19. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Where is your lawn?
  20. SDP Hauling

SDP Hauling Senior Member

nice daily truck