1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Jto89, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Jto89

Jto89 Member

i just picked up my new truck from the dealership this afternoon. its a 2010 f350 with a 5.4 gas in it. hope you guys like

moms camera 006.jpg

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

did you trade in the 03?

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

went from a diesel to gas? nice truck though, I like that color a lot!

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

TEAM FORD! Nice...good luck with her:drinkup::drinkup:

5. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Truck looks great. Post some action pics.

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks good. i hope you enjoy it

7. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Love it.
    Congrats

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks great...have fun this winter

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great. Nice Xblade also.

10. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

With Ford's current batch of diesels; I'd do the same thing. However I think I'd go for the V10. Either way, hella nice plow truck. :D

11. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

Whats wrong with the current batch of Diesels? I had a 6.4 and now have a 6.7 and they both have been GREAT trucks.

12. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

All the emission crap to go bad. I used to love powerstrokes, but the 7.3 was the last diesel Ford had that was in it for the long haul. They keep changing them out for a reason, and I never want to be the guinea pig for an auto makers experiment. The 6.0 had issues keeping head gaskets in, along with rotted oil and EGR coolers. The 6.4 had some of the same issues and the variable vane turbo was giving them some crap at first too. The 6.7's are too new yet to know what's up for the long haul yet. Let's not forget extra expendables that are a pain to get... Ueria fluid. Just more crap to nickle and dime you to death.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  13. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

had two 6.0 and drove both to 100,000 and never had a problem. Had a 6.4 drove to 50,000 and had one Egr valve stick. Have 10,000 on my 6.7 and it is by far the best truck I have owned. The 7.3's where hands down a great engine can't argue that. The guys that have problems with the new trucks are the guys that aren't using them as trucks. Urea Fluid is cheap and improves fuel economy greatly compared to the 6.4.

14. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

Consider your self lucky!

15. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Beautiful rig. :nod:

16. Jto89

Jto89 Member

thanks for the compliments guys. i did trade in the 03 it had 170,000 miles on it which is nothing for a diesel but it was just getting to expensive to keep running. there was nothing wrong with the motor but the tranny was getting tired and starting to slip. it seemed like every time i turned around there was something else wrong with it. I would have loved another diesel but i couldn't justify spending an extra 7 grand and paying .30 cents a gal for diesel.

17. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

That's a good looking truck Jto!

18. Jto89

Jto89 Member

thanks again guys for the compliments. took the truck on its first trip today me and my girl went to New Hampshire to get some Christmas trees for her sister and brother in laws farm. sorry i only have one pic the camera died when i got there so i couldn't get any of the truck loaded. we got around 30 trees and a bed full of wreathes and other greens.the truck pulled great and so far im very happy with it.

moms camera 011.jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  19. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks good! I'm getting jealous of all these new Fords. They are really starting to grow on me.

20. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Nice truck man keep pics coming please