1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Polarisrider, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

New to me,

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 4x4, 108xxx and a solid truck. This truck is awesome. So much more of a truck then my 1500 was. Definitely worth the 2 month search and 8hr drive to get it.

truck 001.jpg

truck 002.jpg

truck 003.jpg

truck 004.jpg

truck 005.jpg

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Very nice find!:nod:Did somebody already steal the caps of your front rims?:angry:What are you going to hang off the front?

3. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

You just made up my mind. GMC's look awesome in black.
    Except mine will have somethin a little different under the hood!
    Very nice truck!

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That is a wicked nice truck. What are you going to put on it for a plow?

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

very nice, i do like that body style in the GMC's much better than the chevys. but in the new body style chevy's got it.

6. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

nice!.....

7. mercer_me

I agree with you on the old body style, but I think the new style GMC has it hands down. But that's just my opinion.

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

8.1? :cool:

9. WilliamOak

Cummins! :dizzy::waving:wesport

10. mercer_me

Seriosely? That's awsome. I would love to have a GMC or Chevy 2500HD with a Cummins.

11. WilliamOak

Lol I'd rather have a dmax. I was 1000000% kidding lol.

12. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty amazing I'm looking for the same truck, would love to find one with plow prep, but they are impossible to find. What is the front gvw rating? I am scared to hang my new 8.5 Fisher on these trucks, but since the plates and wiring came with I'm going chev/gmc.

Seems like it has been leveled?

13. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I have 2500 Crew cab with a duramax and an 8.5 Western hanging off the front and it is just fine with the weight. Ask "Pushin 2 Please". He has seen it and it handles it and then some. I want to do a 9.2 V on it next. Don't worry about the weight. Its fine.

14. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

I wish it had the 8.1, its got the 6.0 in it tho, with those 4:10 gears she moves.
    Hopefully getting the front wheel caps this week.

Pushin 2 Please I'm prolly going to hang my 7.5 western off the front for this winter. Hopefully a fisher v next year.

I believe it has the 9200 GVWR front end.

Not sure if its been leveled I would think so, I just brought it home today so I havent had to much time to play with everything yet.

MatthewG- keep looking, it is absoultely worth the wait, I looked for just about 2 months before I found this one.

15. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

yea...when your used to driving a half ton truck, and you move up to a 3/4 ton...it feels like you have so much more TRUCK under your arse.

16. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

After this I dont think I will ever own anything smaller then a 3/4 ton

17. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

most likely...

you wont.

18. WilliamOak

I know I wont and I skipped the whole 1/2 ton stage!

19. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I agree on the 1/2- 3/4 ton bump, i'll never go back. My '02 is just shy of 109k on the clock and other than regular/preventative maintenance and a couple front wheel bearings i havent had to do much else. Good luck with it!

20. mercer_me

You want to look at the FGAWR not the GVWR.