1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Completesnow, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Completesnow

Completesnow Junior Member

just bought a 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 not to bad for an 18 year olds business

dodge 1.jpg

dodge2.jpg

dodge3.jpg

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Looking good :drinkup:

3. Completesnow

the worst thing is the crew cab but its a huge step up from my 97 ford

4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

along with huge payments...

5. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

What type of pusher is going on the front ?

6. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Ouch quad cab,,,but still a sweet ride. Nice work .

7. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Nice truck, hows the Hemi push that...? Post some MPGs on it.

8. Completesnow

a fisher x blade ss from my old truck is getting switched over right now im getting about 14 mpg while hauling my trailer the payments are the killer but i still love the truck

9. teamgreendude

teamgreendude Senior Member

NIce bro, I just bought my first duramax and I'm only 17 !!!!!!!, what plow are you gonna put on it ?

10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That's a great decision IMO. My uncle has a 2003 Dodge 2500 with a 8' Boss Trip Edge and it plows wicked good. He is going to buy somthing newer with in a year or so, probly another Dodge 2500.

11. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Sweet truck for a Dodge. :D

12. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

the only good thing about payments is you wont be lazy... its like an alarm clock. you have to get up and work to make the payment. take care of it an 10 years later it will still be a great truck.

those new 6.7's like to be worked.

13. RCsLawncare

I expected worse, thats good for a Hemi in a 3/4 ton. Got a friend wit same body configuration, believe and 05 and he gets 10 if he's lucky! Nice truck!!!

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm pretty sure it's gas. Id guess that truck with the Cummins in it would have been way out of his price range.

15. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Oh I missed that. I didnt see it was a Hemi.
    Well its still a nice truck.

The new ones are out of alot of peoples price range.
    $62 000 here in Canada.

16. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

thats a nice truck - but a kid right out of high school dropping that kind of money and getting into those big payments on a brand new truck? you’re better off than I was at that age, or maybe not as afraid of debt as I am. anyone would love a brand new truck, but sometimes you gotta deprive yourself of the really nice stuff early on, no matter how much you love it. but if you can swing it, more power to you. good luck with it and take good care of it.

17. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm averaging 16mpg in mine. Show me a gas 3/4 ton getting better mpgs- they are all about the same.

Nice rig, it'll make you work for it!

18. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

My buddy bought a brnad new 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins. He had it special ordered and he paid $54,000 for it. Ill try to get some pics up of it today.

19. RCsLawncare

Wow, thats good milage. I was considering one at one point. hows your tranny in that years. I take it much better than the previous? and is it the same tranny in the 1500s mated to the Hemi, or a different one? Thanks and nice looking rig!!

20. Completesnow

at 16 i started my LLC and now i have over 65 lawn accounts 25 are commerical and two trucks and one back up a 2001 Bobcat and 3 trailers when i was 16 all i had was my 97 Gmc 1500 and a push so i have come along way and the payments are still tough but they dont scare me and the payments on the dodge are less then the reapir bills i will start to get on my ford and my Gmc and i get the secuirty of it lasting anthor thing is that when i show up to an Estimate in my Dodge i dont look like the naghborhood kid