1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck What plow do put on it.........

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cabletnt, Aug 19, 2008.

1. cabletnt

cabletnt Junior Member

Hello I just bought a new 2008 2500 dodge truck...... What plow would you recomend ? I most do small home driveways..... thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

An 8.2 Vee makes a nice residential plow on a regular cab. Extended or crew trucks work well with a 9.2 or an 8.2 with wings. Excellent snow containment with acceptable maneuverability.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

8.2 Vee now who makes a 8.2 veee....hum.....:jester:

5. 06HD BOSS

hey what are you doing in the boss forum!

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't recommend any other brand when specifically asked in the BOSS forum. That'd be trolling.. :jester:

7. cabletnt

cabletnt Junior Member

Hmmm

Ive been looking at the boss plows so i thought i would post my question here. But is there a better more nutral place to ask ? I would really like to get input on what would be he best plow for the money. I got a quote for 4299.00 on a 7 1/2 foot heavy duty boss plow........

8. 06HD BOSS

cable youre in the right place! B&B was setting basher straight :D welcome aboard.
    if your driveways are somewhat tight i would suggest nothing bigger than a 8' straightblade or a 8'2 V. just for the sake of manuverability

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Perfect place for your question cabletnt, lets us know what brand your looking at, just an inside joke. :)

Is that for a straight or V? Installed? Or cash and carry?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  10. 06HD BOSS

dont mis-quote me B&B. LOL i didnt say that haha

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Fixed. :nod:

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I would go with a 8'2'' poly vee. 1 reason being the snow wont stick to it. 2 you can stack snow higher than a straight blade. 3 if you do decide to go start commercailly snowplowing you wont be searching for a vee later. I have run the 8'2'' poly vee from boss for 3 years now and love it. Ran a 7'6'' steel straight blade 2 years prior to owning a vee. I wont buy another straight blade for my personal truck again.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You could throw it out on the Commercial Forum.

B&B and I just have too much fun sometimes:nod:

7.5 is not enough plow for a full size truck, actually can cause problem from being to small. at least 8ft straight blade,. if you do a lot of back dragging and go with a Boss Vee get the smart locks, and delete the exploding headlights opinion:jester:

14. cabletnt

cabletnt Junior Member

Its for a stright blade..... installed

15. cabletnt

cabletnt Junior Member

I should have said i have a back plow for this truck...... so no back dragging for me..

16. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

If you're THINKING about going into commercial lots at some point in the future I'd get the 9'2 poly V. I haven't had a driveway that I can't get through and the extra foot makes for faster parking lot clearing.

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your leaning toward a straight blade you'll want to at least consider a set of wings if your going to run a 7.5.

But for straight blades I wouldn't go any less than 8ft. Three inches on each side makes a world of difference.

18. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I just bought an '08 2500, quad, 8' bed, SRW. Got a 9'2" Boss V XT to go on it. Almost $7K, installed with emergency parts kit and shoes.

19. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Definately step up and get the V now. You will be glad you did.
    I have a Sno-Way V and will never go back to a straight blade again.
    The Sno-Way down pressure is nice. Boss plows are great plows too. We have a Boss V and it works as good as the Sno-Way except for backdragging. JMO

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Does the Boss have smart locks? So you really like the SW better then the Boss. What year is the Boss and the SW?