1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck w/Plow Package

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by duf82z24, Feb 9, 2012.

1. duf82z24

duf82z24 Junior Member
    from MA

I just upgraded from a 1995 Ford F250 with a minute mount 2 wire system to a 2005 Ford F250 with the Snow Plow Prep Package 3 Wire System and I have a few questions.

1. Can I take the Fisher Joystick off my old truck and use it on the new truck? The connector is the same.

2. When I plugged my old joystick into the new truck the power light did not come on. I traced the wires and they as well as all the fuses look good. Does the joystick not get power unless a plow is attached in the three wire system? On my old truck the joystick always got power whether or not the plow was attached.

3. If the Joystick is supposed to work and supposed to have power with no plow attached where should I be looking for the problem?

Thanks in advance,

--Chris

2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

1. Yes
    2. no plow = no power
    3. see above

3. duf82z24

duf82z24 Junior Member
    from MA

Thanks for the speedy reply, I'm going to look at a plow this weekend and I didn't want to waste the gas if there was something wrong with the truck's wiring.