1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck Pricing opinions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by evenpar4, Oct 14, 2004.

1. evenpar4

evenpar4 Junior Member

I have been looking at new plow trucks for a little while and was wondering your guys opinion. I looked at a new 2004 Ford F250 XL - limited slip, AC automatic with a new Fisher 8' minute mount II plow installed. They want $24,200 for the entire package. ( no commercial up-fit) The dealer has a few at this price and it is in writing. Good deal / bad deal/ push for more discounts? Thanks guys and I appreciate your help.

2. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

pricing

I always come up with my purchase price by taking the dealer invoice which is viewable at www.fordirect.com and then subtract any and all rebates from the number. Many dealers try to take rebates from sticker.At invoice they still make money on the hold backs(rebates). Some brands can even go below invoice.if it comes from there lot they receive a hold back. If it is ordered in from another dealer they lose the rebate..good luck

3. westernmdlawn

westernmdlawn Member

sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I just bought a 2001 F-250 XL (used of course) with 34,000 miles. It came with a nice Meyer Plow setup, installed. The plow was also a 2001. That spanked me for $20,000 even. I searched high and low for a nice used truck that was what I was looking for. Mine is a regular cab, long bed, Triton 5.4L V-8, Automatic, AC, 4wd. I'd say go for it based on my recent experience.

4. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Thats really low! I've seen them here for about $33 before rebates. I'm shoppping for a new truck (trading the F150 in) and have seriously looked at the 04 GMCs because they offer the best pricing. Even so, witht he rebates and dealer incentives, I couldn't get one that low with a plow.

5. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Sounds like a good deal to me. Is the truck a regular cab? This sounds a little similar to the deal that snoluvr came across earlier this fall & they were always out of the stock number. pumpkin: