1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck pricing help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by srl28, Feb 6, 2012.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

In the non-winter months we are a landscape contractor. Looking for a new F350 SRW Gas 4x4. Only need a regular cab, gas 4x4. Not concerned about a ton of chrome so XL package is fine with us. Power group to get power windows and locks, snow plow prep and tow package are the only real options I want. Anyone buy something similar lately? Looking for a ballpark price so when I go to the dealers this week I have a general idea of where I can be. List on these trucks that Ive looked at so far is about $35,000 on the MSRP sticker.

Any help would be great. Tired of trying to find something in the used market worthwhile its time to get another new truck.

2. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

what i'v been doing for years is get them off a documented lease 3 yrs. old from the dealer . pop pop always trades them in . just got a 2009 XLT with 33k for a very reasonable #. 24k

3. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Funny you mention that, someone else told me a similar thing last week. How did you go about finding them though? Warranty still?

4. RepoMan1968

yes 5 yr / 100k . go to your dealer , tell him what ur looking for . he can get it within a few weeks . Thumbs Up

try to make friends with him , buy a lunch or dinner . chum him up . it's worth it .
    make sure you do an oasis report on anything you look at . very important you do this .

5. RepoMan1968

the one we just got had mud all over the undercarriage , like it was stuck . no biggy . it is a truck . turns out he was a well driller and it was on the job and his lease was up and he turned it in on a king ranch . they didnt bother to detail it yet . just do an oasis report and drive it . in 4wd too.thats how you wheel n deal with the stealerThumbs Up

6. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Oasis report??

So tell him I want an off lease vehicle?