1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rjlucas4th, Mar 5, 2011.

1. rjlucas4th

rjlucas4th Member

The first 3 pics are of my new truck. 08 GMC 2500HD Duramax. Has 6" lift, 37x13.5x20 Toyo MT's on 20x10 RBP wheels, EFI Live tuning(458 hp at wheels)wesport, transgo jr, Amp retracable steps, Magtec diff cover, RBP grill, debadged, painted bumpers, airbags, Im sure Im missing a few things.
    Other is my dually (Tow rig) and my old 2500HD that I traded on the dually.

dmax3.jpg

dmax2.jpg

dmax.jpg

dually2.jpg

diesel2.jpg

2. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

did you buy or build the first truck?

3. rjlucas4th

rjlucas4th Member

Actually bought it from a guy that works for me. It came from Idaho from what he said. He moved to WV form ND and he bought if off ebay. He has worked for me for 7 months and Ive been trying to buy it from him ever since I first saw it. He found a F250 on ebay that he liked so he sold it to me and bought the Ford. It looks similar with 24" Rockstars and 38" kumho tires. I had an 01 that I built but sold a while back for a vette and missed the lifted truck so Im selling the vette since I bought this one.

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

SWEET Ride!!! How much you want for it? Lol I want a duramax so bad but cant find the right one for the right price.

5. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Love the diesel duals.. but the soot on the white paint isnt so cool... Nice truck though

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Just my opinion but I think your asking for trouble with that combo unless you don't mind putting a built trans in it.

Sharp truck though, should really turn some heads.

7. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

+1 i think so too. 37s and big hp without a suncoast or ats =shutdown I don't have the privelage of owning a DMAX but my whole family runs built out duramax trucks and I can tell you those tires and that power level might give you headaches at some point.

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Very nice trucks!

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

great looking trucks

10. rjlucas4th

rjlucas4th Member

Yes, I know Im pushing the stock tranny. I usually leave the truck on a lower tune, I will eventually do a tranny but spent quite a bit of $$ recently so it will have to wait a while unless it fails sooner. Thats the neat thing with efi live is the ability to tune the truck to whatever you want whenever you want. Im new with it so Im still learning all of its features. When its in 4th 5th and 6th gear you can feel it slipping so I let off when it shifts to 4th. So far Ive only "limped" it 1 time. Plus the tires are too expensive to be hammering it very often. Thanks for the input though! Also, I agree with the soot on the rear bumper, hate it and just ordered longer tips so it will put the soot out a little further and hopefully keep it off the paint. The tips that are on it are all the way at the end of the pipe so I cant just move them out so had to order the longer ones.

11. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

I'm glad to hear your being "nice" to her. It's too nice of a truck to hammer it and tear something up.

12. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck...i actually like the "old" 2500hd better...

13. bruin250

bruin250 Member

Very nice looking truck.

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Depending who tunes your truck you can solve the smoke issue. Mine is tuned with efi live and it burns very clean. My race tune gives one small puff and then a slight haze even at WOT. Fixing the tuning can solve your smoke problem.

15. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

That is very sharp looking truck,. very nice, good luck.

16. rjlucas4th

rjlucas4th Member

The tune that is in my dually is a very clean tune done by Nick at Duramaxtuner.com. I have debated putting it in this new truck, all I have to do is order the DSP5 switch and it should load. The current tune that smokes so bad was done by IdahoRob. The truck actually smokes very little under WOT, its just when it lugs down that it really puts out the soot and soots up the rear of the truck.
    I am still new with building my own tunes with efi but its a learning process. Im glad to have the several tunes that I have so I can compare them and combine them to make a tune thats right for me and my application. Thanks for the input though, Im all ears when it comes to suggestions with tuning!!

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Mine was tuned by Nick also. Mine burns clean on all my tunes, even my tow tune with a heavy load behind it I have to really try to get it to smoke.

Some say IdahoRob is a better tuner but I'm pretty happy with Nicks stuff.

18. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

19. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking trucks

20. rjlucas4th

rjlucas4th Member

Thanks for the compliments guys, I appreciate it.