1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck or SubContract?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by NoFearDeere, Dec 24, 2005.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have a large condominium association that I do summer services for. They have asked me numerous times if I want the snow removal contract. I always say no just because...my truck breaks down i'm screwed. I am really considering the contract next winter (06-07) but dont know whether to buy a second truck or to get a sub. The association is: 37 units, all sidewalks and porches, and the roadway plowed also. What does everyone think? Thank you for your input everyone.:salute:

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Well if you have 1 truck and it breaks down summer or winter you are screwed . Always have a back up . You will need a minimum of 2 snowblowers , a 2 stage and a single stage small one is great for steps . Thats a fair amount of walks , 2 extra men just for the walks .
    When you have all that set up , 1 guy wont show up , a snowblower wont start and a truck will have a problem.