1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck Old Plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by moverton, Sep 15, 2009.

1. moverton

moverton Junior Member

I just bought a new truck. 2007 chevy 2500. Old truck was 1999 Chevy 1500. I would like to use my Uni-Mount for a few more years. I will need a new Utra-mount truck mount with an adapter to make this work. Does the adapter require more cutting to the front of the truck? Or does it stick out in front of the truck and you can take it off when not using the plow. Also when I do buy a new Utra, will the mount and the wiring harness work with the new one.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Your going to be kind of stuck here in the middle and have to decide which way you really want to go.

You will not have to do any cutting of the air dam to use the adaptor. But now your not only stuck buying a new mount and adaptor but you will also need a new harness for your truck and plow. So with having to buy darn near everythingnew it might be more cost effective to sell the blade, mount and harness you have and put that $$$ towards a complete Ultra and come out about the same on price.

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have a nice used western ultramount with everything for your new truck if your interested.

4. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

For about $1150.00,and re-use your controller,you can outfit your truck w/ all the Isolation module and wiring,and update your plow to match.(excluding new headlight kit).

Just giving you some ideas.....:)Goodluck PT.

5. moverton

moverton Junior Member

Thanks for the infomation. I actually was considering buying a new one and selling the old. However my local western dealer told me it would be $1500-$1600 to change everthing. Thats much better than $4800 for a new one. However, I wanted to make sure it was not going to make the truck look bad.

6. moverton

moverton Junior Member

Western1, if you want to email the information on your Ultra mount that you are selling. that would be great. moverton1@stny.rr.com.