1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new truck old plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jock, Nov 22, 2008.

1. jock

jock Junior Member

I just moved my snow-bear plow from a 2001 gmc to a 2008 gmc and there is only few inches of ground clearance. I bought new brackets but I'm using the same cross member. Is there anything that can be done about this?

2. Captain

Captain Senior Member

That doesn't sound right. When you look at the truck without the plow on, are the cross member pins level with the ground or pointing down a bit.

You want them level, or even pointing slightly up for maximum ground clearance.

3. jock

jock Junior Member

they are level

4. Captain

Captain Senior Member

How high are the pins from the ground with the new mounts??? How high were they on the old truck???

5. jock

jock Junior Member

Looks to be about 8" but with the 4" drop on the plow carriage and the added weight on the front end I only have about 3" clearance. Don't know what the old truck was but it was more. I'm hitting things now I used to clear.