1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck now or wait

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SteveR, Feb 23, 2008.

1. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Im thinking about a new F350 Diesel..The question is I have been hearing the fuel econmy is bad amd maintenance is hell so Im looking for input. Wait a year or go for it. By the way I dont NEED a new truck my fleet is fine just think I want one.

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

the fuel economy is worse on the new diesels becuase of the new emissions on them. i really dont see it changing much in 2009 but it couldnt hurt to wait and just get the second year of the 6.4 instead of the first. the new diesels do have awesome power though.

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Me personally, I wouldnt spring for the extra money for a new diesel because there isnt much improvement in mileage over the gas motors. If I was to buy a brand new truck right now, it would be gas.