1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck, new plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Hywayman, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Hywayman

Hywayman Junior Member

I traded in my 2003 2500 ram and let the 15 year old Boss plow go with it. Getting a new Boss for my '15 2500 ram and is the SmartTouch2 the best controller to get? Old controller was a box with rocker switches.

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Yup, I like mine. I have mine mounted on a magnetic pedestal mount right next to my leg. Which Boss plow did you get?

3. Hywayman

Hywayman Junior Member

A 7'6" Standard straight blade same as I had last time.

4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Could you post a picture of that. Thanx / Rick

5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Here's a picture of the magnetic mount

6. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Never knew anything like that existed. Where did you get that and thanx for the picture.

7. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

My dealer has them. Call your local dealer and see if they have it. It's not to expensive and it sure beats hanging on to it.

8. Hywayman

Hywayman Junior Member

Well today was plow install day. Dropped truck off at 8:00 and got a call 2 hours later saying that can't install the plow. Dealer says they were told my truck requires a special kit to deal with the headlight system in it and it was available. The dealer says that after they got my truck and told Boss the PCM and pin configuration, Boss said, oh, that kit won't be available till August 10th! So pissed! :angry: