1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new truck, new plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dlcs, Aug 16, 2011.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I'm going to be purchasing a 2011 Chevy 2500 or 3500 can't decide. Narrowed it down to two trucks but can't decide on the 2500 or 3500, about $500 difference so not much there. Now for the plow. Local dealer sells meyer, Hiniker, and western.

Dealer wants $4721 for the Western pro plus, $4580 for the meyer lot Pro, $4100 for the Hiniker, all are 8' straight blades. Installation is $600 for any of them. What would everyone recommend?

2. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

This will all come down to each person's preference, but if it were me Id go with the 3500 hands down with the western, I wouldnt even consider the other 2 brands

I really like having the extra load carrying ability with the 1 tons vs my 3/4 tons, the drawback is higher registration costs

3. MPP

MPP Junior Member

I would go big or go home. If you get the 2500 your gonna wish you got the 3500. If you get the 3500 your not gonna look back. My preference would be the Western but its up to you.

4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Get the 3500 and go 8.5ft or 9 on the Plow. Out of those 3 i would go western.

5. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

3500 srw or drw?
    Definitely western and at least an 8'6" blade!

6. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Go with 3500 for sure. And 8'6" at the smallest for the blade. You will regret having anything smaller. Then just put the blade on yourself to save money and you will know how to fix it when it breaks. Its not hard at all to install.

7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

i pick my new truck up wednesday. I went with a 3500hd. I'm going with the Meyer 8' lot pro with wings and the upgraded hydraulic kit( monarch pump). I really don't want a bigger blade, due to not being able to fit through drive through lanes with plow wings.

8. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

SRW, I love duals but they are too wide for my accounts.