1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck = New Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mortician79, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Well as some of you may recall I had a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quad Cab with a 7.5' Boss Sport Duty Poly blade. It was a great truck and blade, but I had the desire for something bigger, both truck and blade.

So I purchased a 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab Hemi, it is a beautiful truck and I love it so far. I have been thinking about new blade options. I am thinking about the 8.2' Boss V (V-XT, not sure).

I guess my questions are is this a suffice blade for my business use (no doubt overkill) and what type of cutting will need to be done to the front facia/air dam/splitter area? My last truck it was notched, but this seems to be a bigger chunk of plastic there. What is everyone's thoughts? Should it be removed or can it be notched or not at all?

Go!

P.S. pics to come...tymusic

2. hillbillydeluxe

hillbillydeluxe Senior Member

Western wideout???????????
    I would take the bumper Valence off, that way if you ever sell it and take the plow off there won't be notches ( holes) in the plastic. IMO. Nice Looking truck!

3. hillbillydeluxe

hillbillydeluxe Senior Member

Haha! I just realized I was in the BOSS plow forum... ( I'm in trouble)... ignore my stupidity above.....