1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new truck - new plow opinions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by CRTracing, Nov 6, 2011.

1. CRTracing

CRTracing Junior Member

Selling 06 HD2500 along with my Snoway 28V and thinking about a new F350 diesel and wonder what you guys prefer for a plow set up on the Ford's? Any brand better than others when connected to the Ford?

I plow mostly a business parking lot (maybe an acre worth) and about 8 resi driveways. All are pretty open and easy to get through. I like the "V" but was thinking that maybe I would try a XLS type plow with the hydraulic wings.

I am looking for an EASY on/off plow system as I am the guy that puts the plow on and takes it off. The easier the better for me :)

Also, I want a system where most of the plow set up is attached to the plow giving the truck that clean look when plow is off.

Wondering what your guys opinions are. I am not brand fussy, just figured you guys that plow for a business could offer me some advice.

Thanks!!

2. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

For ease of connecting I would vote Boss

3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I happen to like Fisher for their mounting system, and off truck cleanliness. The mounts don't hang low.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go Boss v plow.As for the easy on/off I go to the bars on Friday night.

5. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I like the ultramount hookup it is simple and fast. Plus on the offseason the recievers come off with one pin and yo lose no ground clearance, unless you know it most people can't tell you have a plow mount on the truck with the receivers off.