1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck, New dent

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSno, Nov 30, 2002.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Hows this for luck, last push before going home and truck slides into a short pole. Whats your worst story?

hole.jpg

2. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Heres the truck itself

no hole.jpg

3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

You don't want to know!

CGB

4. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn Member

I know you hate that. Sorry to see that happened to you. Occasionally I buy pre-owned trucks for work trucks... If thy have small imperfections in them, I leave them. I consider that disaster-proofing them.

5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

PRO..............BUMMER !..................Its funny tho.. at this
    years BBQ we were comparing the bangs and bruises
    on our rigs that were new last year ! OUCH!
    Some of the guys said there ain't a scratch on your 01.
    I said "OUIET" and knock on wood !...............geo

BTW: If it will make ya feel any better....Some guy
    made a wide swing with his plow rig and clipped the
    side of my dads NEW 02 Chevy with the blade ! Its
    being fixed as we speak...The guys paying out of his
    pocket. He wants NO insurance involved !

Last edited: Nov 30, 2002
  6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Sorry to hear your troubles, Pro Sno, nice looking truck, GREAT plow!

I once had the rear end of my truck slide over an embankment, while the front end blocked the driveway I was plowing. The tow operator couldn't get around me, and had to winch off a tree in the woods. With the angle that everything was at, he could only hook to my frame to pull, and the cable was going to buckle the rear quarter. I said OK, I was only half way through my route and was anxious to finish. I didn't see any alternative short of hiring a crane to pick me out.

He got me out and buckled the quarter as predicted, but this truck was a beater, with a full restoration with new body planned for Spring. The worst cosmetic damage I've done.

7. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Great truck and plow! :) Sorry to hear about that damage, I did some to my own truck not too long ago (and it wasn't in the snow) and it made me sick.

8. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

AHHHH..... its just a flesh wound:D .

Good body shop have ya going again in 3 days tops.

Hope thats the last of the scrapes your truck sees.
    Mark K

9. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

As small as the dent is, it'll be $400 to $500 to get it fixed, properly. :(

10. casey

casey Banned

Pro Snow, I would use that truck for cruising for a few years then turn her into a plow truck.

When I plowed, I never used new trucks, always 3-4 yr. old (cosmeticaly challenged bangers). No need for expensive cosmetic repairs & no obsessions over scratches & dents.

11. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I was lucky. I backed into a rail at Kennedy airport. It seemed like it took me a hundred years to get from the cab to the right rear. I pulled the tailight lens from the housing. The next day I glued it back together. I WAS LUCKY! I love your truck. I hopes thats the worst that will ever happen to you!