1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck, need help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by naco, Sep 26, 2004.

1. naco

naco Member

I just bought a 1994 f-250 hd, as a back up. I had a 8' western pro-plow installed on it and there's no room to put an extra battery, does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

I put my secondary battery in the bed. i just ran heavy gauge cable under the cab along the frame rail. I had to drill a hole in the floor and mounted the battery in a battery box I bought at the parts store.

Just an idea,
    Mark K
  3. naco

naco Member

thanks but i have a tool box and alot of tools i carry in the back
  4. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

You can fit a spare where the airbox is. You will want to remove the box and bracket and custom fit a new K&N filter but then you have a perfect spot for a backup battery.
  5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Just upgrade to a 130 amp alternator and the largest battery that will fit in your tray. No need for 2 batteries...
  6. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

On your body style of truck Ford added a second battery for the diesels just behind the drivers side headlight. I'll bet you could get a battery tray in a junk yard or from Ford. I am sure you will need to move something but it should not be a big deal.