1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new truck (need a new screen name)

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by blueline38, Jan 14, 2011.

1. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Pick it up Wednesday. A plow hunt begins. Anyone know prices for the region?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  2. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

:nod::rolleyes:depeends what u want 4-6 k in upstate fisher or western have th best dealer support here dont see much else :gunsfiring::sleeping

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

if you like western style unimount blades or fisher trip edge stuff and wana save some cash try these guys just 5 min from my house. thay make and sell plows now . install also avalible.

light duty old western style http://air-flo.com/product.cfm?id=F5C42FC5-E869-2CB4-E90977A0217D2281

hd trip edge fisher style http://air-flo.com/product.cfm?id=02D3EF49-BAB0-8FB8-74319A54BA8DB3BA

seen lots of guys runnin them now around here. the last 2 years or so thay have been pushin sale prices right at the factory. 14845 zip code.

i think the light duty was 3799.95 sale prices . not sure on the hd stuff.

and if you want some new edges with more than stock options look here. thay are 5 min the other way from my house. thay have grown 3x in the last 2 years prob. been makin/shippin lots of stuff. http://www.evolutionedges.com/

and keep the screen name. just put a blue pin stripe down the truck both sides.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  4. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Really depends on what you have in the area and what type of blade you want.

5. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

first off, gorgeous truck and congrats! I am looking to buy a reg cab 2011 soon.

Like previously said, in this region every dealer will try to sell you western... all day long. I personally don't like the full trip westerns at all. They do have a great mounting system though. I would recommend getting a fisher. Your looking at 4-6k for both. 6k if you want a V, mid 5's for a stainless, mid 4's to 5's for an HD or heavy duty plow.

6. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

sweetk30, my screen name was "new2chevy", it is now changed and you can see why!

Thanks for the input. I have made some calls and have gotten some prices. The cheapest being a western midweight at $4200 installed. I only plow my drive, my neighbors and the occasional co-workers. I'm leaning toward the pro, however, which is only $300 more but is a stronger plow.

Here is my input with the plows. Locally I can get most but prominent are blizzard, boss, fisher and western;

Boss............ great plow but I hate that huge box that hangs off the truck. I like the direct lift which is what my suburbanite was/is.

Blizzard.........nuff said! (sorry blizzard guys but always see them full of rust)

Fisher........... no complaints, like the trip edge, but less dealer support in the immediate area.

Western........ full blade trip can be an issue but my suburbanite was and only tripped it occasionally. The biggest plus, for me, are the removable brackets that just about make it look like you have no plow!

It's really between fisher and western and I'm leaning toward the western for the mount alone. I do think, however, that a stainless xblade would look SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!

7. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

that would look money... get it :D

8. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

new truck

Some photoshop work!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  9. azgard

azgard Junior Member

Here is some info I got when I contacted STS about putting a plow on my truck.
    Fisher and Boss plows are carried in Syracuse, and said Meyer In Rochester and Buffalo. Hope it helps, didn't get to really comparison shop too much ended up changing my plans.

Attached Files:

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

looking good

picsay-1295311025.jpg

11. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

LOL oh wow... :laughing: dont forget to get the new headlights on the fisher!

12. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Just get an 8 ft. Western Pro plow and be done with it, especially since you aren't really plowing commercially. The blade works very well, comes on and off well, and you can't really see anything after it comes off.

13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'll give a vote for the xblade. I love this plow better than any Fisher I've used before. It scrapes amazing, throws snow with ease, and is a very rugged blade. You'll get to pavement everytime you plow. Its awesome, plus the stainless lasts much longer than the painted ones.