1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck, MVP3

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by eludemann, Nov 20, 2014.

1. eludemann

eludemann Member

2015 GMC 3500 crew cab long bed, 6.0, 9'6" MVP3
    Now I just need enough snow to push. I'm sure we'll get our share soon enough!

2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Nice outfit!
  3. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 Senior Member

That is way to nice to even have out in a storm! Good luck with it
  4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Looking good
  5. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good!
  6. jordanFTW

jordanFTW Member

So jealous! Any reason you went 6.0 vs 6.6 diesel? Just cost? What did you pay for that truck if you don't mind me asking?
  7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Please don't tell up you're going to plow snow with that sharp looking rig of yours!!!
  8. eludemann

eludemann Member

I don't do a lot of heavy towing, and the $9.000 extra for the diesel and trans is very hard to swallow, considering the rest of the parts will still wear out at the same rate. Fuel is more expensive, and so is the upkeep. I ordered it, sticker was $49,000, without plow.
  9. eludemann

eludemann Member

I hope I can! It is my truck, and I won't let any of my guys plow with it. That way if it gets hurt, it's all on me. I'm hoping the reverse camera and sensors help if they don't get blocked by snow.
  10. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

had the back up sensors on my ford and the snow use to build up and make the sensors beep so i shut them then i forgot i shut them off then the next thing i backed up into a pole fml
  11. VLbuildsIN

VLbuildsIN Junior Member

what kind of mileage are you getting with it?
  12. Yates004

Yates004 Member

Very nice set up! Good luck this winter!!
  13. eludemann

eludemann Member

So far around 10, mix of highway and city. Best trip was 16, highway trip at 55mph. I don't even want to look while plowing.
    The gas 3500's only are available with 4:10 gears, so that doesn't help.