1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck incentives would you buy now?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by pats plowing, Sep 8, 2002.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Dealers around here have tons of leftover 02's left. I dont think my truck is cut out to plow and it is especially long so i looked at their ads today. One dealer is offering 02 ford superdutys at 0apr and FREE 8FT FISHER PLOWS ($4000). One guy has a f450 diesel dump new for $32k. Another dealer has got f250 ext cabs with plow for $28k. I may just trade up to a new truck this year and take advantage of some of these deals. What do you guys think?

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I'm upset this all comes a month after I buy my new truck. I could have had 0% for 5 years had I waited a month. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the diesel I wanted though, I had heard there were only a limited number available to complete the model year.

If you can find the truck that suits you, I don't think you'll find a better deal. Have the dealer equip it with the plow so you can finance the whole deal at 0%.

3. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

My banker says 0% APR is FREE money. And that a guy would be crazy to not use it.

If you can find a truck that you like and can put together the trade and down payment go for it. Finance the tax and license while you are at if they will let you.

4. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

Absolutely!!! Make the move! The price sounds right on time plus there are some very good incentives if you are purchasing for business use. Good luck. Jake.

5. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

Maybe dealers are different, but the one I checked with tonight says NO 0 % for the Super Dutys. :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

No new truck for me any time soon. I still owe way too much on my trade.

6. pats plowing

update

Went to one dealer tonight. He had about 15 f250 extended cabs gassers. No 1 ton gas trucks though. There is 0% for superduties but only for 36 months not like them adds on tv. I could just make it with 36 months after a trade in and downpayment its only $700/month. I might look into a reg cab diesel still undecided. Its my money but parents say college in two years and this truck must last 10 years.

7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

One of the local dealers has a number of Super Dutys and all have 0% painted on the windshields. I'm pretty sure the 2002 model year is built out, so you have to take what's available.

8. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

Sounds like BS to me. I purchased two Superduties this past spring and was able to take advantage of the 0.0 financing, (which is still in effect depending on the application). Three year package. I believe that 0.0 is still in effect.
    One thing that I did run into was that when purchasing my F-650, (third "Superduty" this year), there was no 0.0 offered because of the commercial application with a "FIN" ,(Fleet Identification Number), company identification. There are discounts that are applicable with the FIN but when these discounts come into play, 0.0 goes out the window.

9. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

Like I said it must depend on the dealer. The one told me tonight he only had ONE 02 on the lot. Every thing else was 03.

10. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

Pelican is correct. 2002's are built out and have been since March. If you see a 2002 and it is what you want, jump on it. The 2003's are out and before you know it they will be gone and the 2004's will be popping out before you know it. Jake.

11. pats plowing

I had a truck i liked there the other night
    2002 f250 supercab 6.75 ft bed, 3.73 axle, 4*4 plow prep towing package no tow mirrors (can be added on) i dont think electric 4*4 shift on fly, xlt package for $32650. Dealer said free plow and can go down a little on price i am looking for $29500.
    I have a 95 f250 exteneded cad long bed 4*4 460engine xlt, keyless entry, bug deflector, running boards, dual tanks, cab steps, bedliner privacy glass and 160000 miles on it.
    Ps new auto trannie and rebuilt engine.
    What can i expect for this truck as a trade better yet what would you guys pay for something like this. I was royally screwed over on it and looking to unload it. I just wanted a little input.
    PS is the 350 any better for plowing than the 250 with payload package. Is there a huge difference in hauling ability (3yd mulch dirt or grass only)??
    All input welcomed.

12. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

www.kellybluebook.com will get you the price and trade value for most any vehicle from a F 350 on down.

13. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Pat,

I don't know if a short bed will hold 3 yrds of anything:confused: ;)

The only difference between a 250 and 350 are the springs, $1500 and rated GVWR.

If you can only find a 250, you can do what I did. My truck is a cross between alot of models:p . 550 front springs, 350 rear springs and blocks. The only problem is you are still "legally" limited to the 250 GVWR. So, if you have picky police, you could get in trouble if your overloaded:realmad:

Greg

14. pats plowing

Ill have those police stickers all over the back on that truck haha. I know at least half the police force anyways and laws for trucks arent as strict here not like some stories on these sites i hear. I know you cant legally have a dump dually without a name on it but it is hardly ever enforced.
    Is it possible to have a loader dump 2yds of mulch in that size bed? I m used to supercab long bed.

15. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Pats,
    I have a 2000 250 shortbed, and I put 2 yards of cedar mulch in it no problem. I'm sure it would hold three. The truck carried it fine, and it was loaded with one of the small articulated Komatsu loaders (I think). There was a minimal amount of spillage over the tailgate when the loader dumped, so I may not want to do it on a regular basis with gravel, but I would think that you could fit together some sort of system to take care of that. I'm not sure if it was over the weight rating, but it worked for me !

16. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Pat, you don't mention a plow on the truck you're selling, I'd offer $6000-$8000 depending on condition, if I were in the market. It's a buyer's market right now with interest rates so low, there's a lot of used trucks out there, it might be tough selling outright. I bought my wife an Impala last October, the dealer didn't offer us much on trade so I decided to sell outright. I still have the car, no buyers out there.

If you don't have to be concerned about being overweight, I'd get the 250, it's virtually the same truck. My F-350 dually dump could only carry 1 yard of stone legally, so I upgraded to the 550, which will only carry 3 yards legally. The body will easily hold 6 yards. Your body almost always physically holds more than legal limits.

17. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I load trucks at my job wiht mulch and topsoil. I see all kinds of people put stuff in them the most ever was 4 yrds of topsoil in a dodge cummins diesel, it was loaded to the max. Shorties ussually can fit about 2-3 yrds depending on what it is (mulch or topsoil) the problem is when you get loaded you lose half the load out the back. and this is with a LW80 New Holland about an 8ft bucket. It really depends on what your using it for, mostly plowing shorty is nice or mostly hauling long bed is nicer. Thats my opinion sorry for rambling.
    Eric