1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck(Gas)Ford or Chevy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RONK, Aug 6, 2011.

1. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

I might be buying a new truck to replace my 2005 Dodge.I've had two diesels and want a gas truck,for me the added expense of diesel isn't worth it.The two trucks I'm lookin at would be a 2012 Chevy 2500 W/T and a 2012 Ford F350 ,both regular cab.What are the pros and cons of each truck,how do they compare?What options would you suggest?I did have a 1999 F-350 disel and it was going on it's fourth set of ball-joints when I traded it in at 167,000,I'm concerned that the new Ford will have the same problem.Thanks for any help.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your going to drop that much cabbage ,spend a little more and get an extended cab it will be worth it.
  3. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

I have 25000 miles on my 2011 with no issues thus far. Mine is a diesel though. I average 15-18MPG in it, it is a dually with 3.73 gears and a limited slip differential.
  4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I would buy the one you like the best. Test drive them and see what one is more comfortable and has the best visibility for you. The one I think is the best may not be the same for you.
  5. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Can't go wrong with either IMO, both have very comparable front end ratings. Drive both and buy whichever you like best or can get the best deal on.
  6. mike custom

mike custom Junior Member

i say if it's a 3/4 ton vs a one ton you've answered your own question
  7. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I feel the ford is the way to go. Solid axle and no need for timbrens right off the lot.