1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck/First Plow Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DVF Land & Lawn, Apr 25, 2014.

1. DVF Land & Lawn

DVF Land & Lawn Member

IMG_1936.jpg

This is my first time posting a picture. Hope it works.

I bought this '94 K2500 with a 7 1/2 ft western straight blade. Truck has 39k original miles. Owned by an old man up near Milwaukee.

IMG_1936.jpg

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

DVF: Welcome to the forums. That looks like a nice truck. I do not see any rust. What is the engine / transmission combo? 39,000 miles ... sweeet !

3. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

sweet rig :D

4. anz27

anz27 Member

just curious, where/how did you find it?

5. DVF Land & Lawn

DVF Land & Lawn Member

Thanks! It's the original from 1994 which would be the 4L60E I believe hooked up to a 350. It's automatic. It does have some rust but it's much better than my other 94. The body is the best I have seen for a 20 year old truck. Plow was on it from the factory. Only used to plow the original owners bar.

6. DVF Land & Lawn

DVF Land & Lawn Member

Found it just looking on Craigslist and hauled ass up to Milwaukee cause I knew it would be gone fast. It's got the original window sticker and even the cheesy "congrats on your new Chevy truck" cassette tape from the dealer haha.

7. DVF Land & Lawn

DVF Land & Lawn Member

I originally didn't want to buy a truck that already had a plow on it but I couldn't pass up my favorite truck with 39k miles on it. What really sold me was the owner just replaced parts on the front end. Tierods, ball joints, brakes all around with new brake lines and new fuel lines. Only thing I gotta do is replace the oil cooler lines.

8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Its a 3/4 so its probably a 4L80E...and iwantitiwantitiwantitiwantit.

9. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

No offense but I hate people like you. I can never find trucks like this when I'm in the market! Lmao!! Welcome to the forum and t h at truck is in real nice shape for its age.

10. DVF Land & Lawn

DVF Land & Lawn Member

Haha I know your pain. It's been 4 years of feverishly looking and test driving like 7 or 8 other trucks. Everybody kept saying be patient something better will come and I knew this was the one. Sounds like I'm talking about marriage haha

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice OBS 3/4 ton. That thing is wicked clean! It should make you a good plow truck.

12. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

Wow I can honestly say I would rather have that than a new one! If something like that came up in my area I would beg borrow and steal to find a way to buy it. There is a 1988 for sale in my area that appears to have been gone through frame, body ect but has 190k a little too many miles for a TBI for me to shell out the $$$. Guy is asking 4200.

13. DVF Land & Lawn

DVF Land & Lawn Member

I feel the same way. I just like these because most fixes are cheap and relatively easy.

14. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Hell even an engine in these if you put it in yourself is like $500...cheap and reliable.

15. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on your plow truck! Looks nice.

16. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Since you've got the cap on there if it were me I'd definitely change out those little side view mirrors. I could easily see myself running into something while backing up.

17. DVF Land & Lawn

DVF Land & Lawn Member

I took the cap off. I will probably have it off almost all the time. For the future though, could more modern towing mirrors fit and just bolt right on?

18. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

You'd be loving life with the NBS style towing mirrors on that thing. $250 or so on ebay and would REALLY set the truck off. You won't regret it!

19. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

I got tow mirrors on mine

[​IMG]

20. DVF Land & Lawn

DVF Land & Lawn Member

Did they fit right on the original mirror housing with no modifications? That looks nice.