1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new truck delivery

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Tom Smith, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

anyone know how long it takes to get a ford vehicle after it has been built at the factory. I live in Illinois .. just getting anxoius for my new truck to come !!
  2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Tom, not sure about delivery time after the build, but I was told with ours total delivery time is about 12-14 weeks from order. You probably already know this, but thought it might help.
  3. FatherandSon

FatherandSon Junior Member

Ordered my 2003 F-250 Crew Cab in July. Was told it would be the end of September. Was presently surpised when it came in on August 20. Real quick build and delivery.
  4. 75gmck25

75gmck25 Senior Member

The first thing to do is to make sure you have a true special order. Sometimes dealers just pick an inbound vehicle and make a plan to sell it to you. However, vehicles ordered for stock may be diverted or cancelled and the truck might never make it to the dealer. If its a true customer special order, then it is coded that way in the computer and its supposed to get priority for build and delivery. It cannot be sent to another dealer

If your truck was special ordered, the dealer should get an order confirmation back shortly after the order was received by Ford. The confirmation message to the dealer will list exactly what was ordered, and might include some required changes (revisions to package combinations, options that are no longer available, etc.).

Once the dealer acknowledges the order and tells Ford - Yes, that's exactly what the customer ordered, then Ford will provide the dealer with an expected build date. The build date is based on exactly what was ordered and when the parts are going to be available. If parts for certain options aren't yet available, then there could be a delay in the build date. However, in most cases the build date will be a few weeks after the order submission.

Once you have a build date, then your dealer should be able to tell you an average shipping time and an estimated delivery date.

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

Have ordered two F250's. A 2000 and now a 2004. Both were 10 weeks from order date.
  6. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

ok thanks for the info.... I just recieved a call today telling me my truck was ready for pickup it took exactly 7 weeks from the day i placed the order.