1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck deals

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 06HD BOSS, Mar 1, 2006.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Everytime i drive somewhere and pass a Chevy dealer i always swing in just to see what they have goin on. There are some incredible deals out there. I dunno if it's because of a bad season or what, but trucks are getting priced unbelievable. Everyone's lot is jammed packed. Today i saw 2 brand new 2006 3500's with 3yd dump bodies, Duramax, plow package, etc going for $29k and the other $34k. Also saw some 2006 2500's x-cab LS & LT package with 8' Fishers & Boss plows going for $32k & $35k. Looking through the papers and online there is sooooo much inventory around its rediculous. MSRP's on a couple of these were over $44k! Dunno if anyone's in the market for a new truck...lol

2. ohioplowboy

ohioplowboy Junior Member

truck deals

yeah i just bought an '06 1500 crew cab 4x4 and got over 10,000 off the sticker price. you almost can't afford to buy a used one anymore

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i think sales are very slow after the employe pricing last year and the loss of the market share to toyota. sounds like they cut several thousand jobs too.

4. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Are the killer deals regional? I was looking at an 06 1500 4x4 Silverado RCLB Z71 for $5k off the reduced MSRP and an 06 2500HD RCLB 4x4 with LT1 trim (Sweet!) for $4k off the MSRP. Sure would like them to take a bit more off the top! The 2500 is the truck I want and it's just a tad out of my reach!

Pete

5. 06HD BOSS

Wow, thats it!? It must be regional because you can pick up a loaded 2500HD for at least $8k off sticker. My truck was $37k MSRP and out the door i got it $27k and change. My girlfriends father picked up a RCSB 4x4 LS for $21k out the door! Come down to CT man, lol

6. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I know someone that just got a crew cab 2500HD 6.0l with an 8 foot bed for $26,000.....

Derek

7. 06HD BOSS

8. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Jay
    There is only a 30 day supply of new GM 2500HD and 3500 C&C at the dealers right now. I work for GM at the Pontaic Mi truck plant and we are going to start working 6 days to keep up with the demand. The GM car market is soft but the trucks are still selling.

Regards Mike

9. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

are those stripped trucks

11. budcar

budcar Junior Member

Fly Kelly!!!

hey buddy my truck came out of your plant in 04 2500hd. i just want to tell ya that quality of assembly and fit is %110 and im thrilled to own this truck . im a toyota master tech of 24years . i know quality !and toyota has nothing on my truck. tell all your co workers to keep up the great work . thanks again

12. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

GM sure knows how to make trucks, but it beats me why they need 3 different brands of the same car/vans. Such as the chevy cobalt, pontiac g6, saturn ion, etc. All the same cars basically but different name, lol.

GM trucks are awesome tho, but I like anything as long as its American!

Mike, keep up the great work you guys do, you guys dont get enough credit, and the head honchos get to much credit!!!

13. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

your right trucks are selling but they have to sell many more trucks to make up for the kick in the ass they have taken with the car market. don't get me wrong i really like the products your building. i own one and bought a gmc yesterday.

14. jay723

jay723 Member
    from SE CT

I just picked up a 06 2500HD. I payed about $6K less than sticker. And that was on a work package with a stick, maybe 1200 in options. Very happy with the truck, finally got to plow with it. Fantastic.

15. 06HD BOSS

jay723- what dealership did you buy from? I got mine from Partyka in Hamden.

16. jay723

jay723 Member
    from SE CT

Grossman in Old Saybrook. They found my truck in Middlebury VT and went up and got it.