1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new truck (cummins)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by GMC99, Sep 26, 2011.

1. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Bought a new truck today, went all the way to colorado to get it. 2002, cummins with only 75,000 miles!

fffff.jpg

2. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Do you still have your hearing? The injectors in those are loud.. Nice truck.

3. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

NICE Truck! Of course, I may have a biased opinion. That will make a great plow truck, I know mine has served me well. What plow are you gonna hang on it? I have a set of Timbrens on mine, definately consider them. You already have plenty of weight on the front end, and they help alot.

kevlars

4. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Oh BTW. Get yourself an Airdog liftpump for it. That is, only if you wanna keep your injector pump alive and well. Go over to CumminsForum, and check them out. There are other liftpumps, but, I like the Airdog 150.

kevlars

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

It's not the injectors that are loud.

Thats a great looking truck. My suggestion would be to get a fuel pressure gauge along with the AirDog. If the fuel pump goes out, it can take the vp44 with it, and that gets real expensive. If the fuel pressure goes below 5, you are in the danger zone. Enjoy.

6. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

You are right JD. I forgot to mention that. I put in a fuel pressure gauge in at the same time as the Airdog. I am never below 15 psi with my Airdog.

kevlars

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

That's my truck in White, you will love it nothing stops in its way

you may wanna consider ear muffs or plugs while driving loooooooool

8. TNLC

TNLC Junior Member

Nice. How much did it set you back?

9. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I have the exact color truck only 1999.
    Been a work horse.
    lukeslink and dss steering stabalizer on the front end. fass fuel pump
    afe intake. 380 000kms

nice purchase

10. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Its when the fuel atomizes or com busts from the injector spraying the fuel in? In any case its a nice truck and the engines are loud.

11. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

I stole it at $9500, it has every option available in that year! Im no stranger to cummins, I have a 2003 with 225,000 miles on it, and it is unstoppable, still havent come across a challenge it could not handle. This new one is spotless, underneath the truck looks brand new as well. Hate to put a plow on it really

12. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Still deciding on a plow, I have a 9 foot ultra mount straight blade already that I may put on it. Anybody have any experience with Hinikers?

13. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

My 02 was't loud in the cab at all.

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice find. It's hard to find them 24 valves with low miles.

15. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I have a Hiniker 8 1/2' poly V on mine. I only used it a couple times last season. It will get a workout this year, I hope!

kevlars

16. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

wow..you sure as hell did steal that...i paid 13000 for mine in jan and thaught i robbed them...you bring that truck to the tri state area and you can double your money

17. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Man you did steal that, good find. I love the look of the sport editions. Is it an auto or a 6 speed?

18. Valk

Valk Junior Member
    from S.E. PA

Sweet deal. Just put a Western Pro 8' on my 2001 Cummins. Good luck with yours.:)

[​IMG]