1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck, Better pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ChevKid03, Jan 15, 2009.

1. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Here is the new truck. Finally got around to taking a couple pictures... I didn't have the plow on as I keep it at a different spot since I live in a high traffic area and don't need it getting swiped. Anyway, here she is... Oh, and I took a picutre of the exhaust I had a buddy fabricate for me. I bought the truck with two 2.5" tips sticking straight out of the back. It didn't do the truck justice, so I had him weld a straight 4" from cat back and deleted the muffler... Now it looks a little nicer. :salute:

DSC01244.jpg

DSC01245.jpg

DSC01246.jpg

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

looks really sharp
    good luck with it
    im thinking of doing my exhaust too just not loud enough lol

3. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

My buddy who welded it together has the 6.0 diesel in his ford with no cat or muffler and it sounds AWESOME!!!!! So much of a hiss and turbo sound it isn't even funny.... I wish I could have done that but I would have been throwing codes left and right.... You my friend can do it with no issue. Ford doesn't monitor backpressure like GM does...

4. ColliganLands

thats good to know
    now we just need some more snow to finance this

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Ah hell, you'll be fine. My Duramax is straight from the turbo to the tip. No problem whatsoever.

6. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

the 6.0 sounds sweet with cat or muffler, It only cost me maybe 30 bucks for 3.5inch pipe at napa, someday I will go 4inch from the turbo, but that costs a bit more.

7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks good ChevKid03. Does Mass let diesels run without cats and mufflers? Are the diesel requirements less than with gas engines? I'n getting a diesel in the spring hopefully and the first thing I want to do to it is drop the cat and muffler.

8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I love the sound of Ford Powerstrokes with no muffler.

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Man that truck just looks awesome. New tires? Did the dealer get those for you?

10. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

kyle if you want pipes on that beast go to Lou's Custom Exhaust and they'll hook you up

11. ColliganLands

big no on that one !!!!
    ill do it myself once i figure it out
    - chevkid how was that xblade?

12. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh you could do it yourself if you buy a premade one, other than that you'd have to bend the pipes and weld it.

I kinda wish my truck was a few years newer. i love that body style. very nice truck!

13. ColliganLands

i have the means to do it myself and lous in my experience always runs the pipes in the worst places and is pricey

14. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

shweet. I'm taking welding classes soon, I'm pretty stoked

15. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

i ran my 05 duramax lly with straight pipe for a few months with no problem or codes. i now have a 4 inch turbo back from mbrp on it and its a hell of alot better

16. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

That thing looks straight up cool with the black tool box and everything. Whats the inside like? Just basic stuff?

17. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

nice setup i like dmaxs no probles at all

18. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Don't take the cats off...

19. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I spoke to a local guy who does a TON of work on Duramax trucks. He told me if I had an 05' ( I see you do ), that I could get away with no codes. He also told me that he hasn't done a "cat delete" on an 06+ that hasn't set off codes..

20. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Negative DeereFarmer......... I just don't think the inspections do any emissions stuff on them yet. Only a matter of time.