1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck Anyone??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by albhb3, Feb 12, 2009.

1. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Just wondering if any of you are thinking of gettin a new chevy with a duramax in it? I was wondering because of the rebate that the gov is giving out to people who buy new vehicals what is it $5,000. With that cash you can just about pay for the diesel straight out takes away alot of recoupe time?? I have to just make the pennies scream a little hard thats all

2. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

what rebate????????? since i just bought a 09 GMC gasser??????

3. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

I think its in the new stimulus package so you may have bought it too soon but i do not know the exact details in if it is all 2009 vehicals or if it goes into effect after it is signed

4. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

unless money is that tight go buy while the buying is good. Got an 08 in september last year, was built at plant in augest and it listed with options for 50,000.00 paid 32...... with tax title and lic change. Only had to pay a trans fer fee for lic as I have FD plates assigned to me.

5. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Well thats what I am thinking youll never find a truck for that cost again Ive gotta try to get through summer and get enough money ahead so the payments can be a little lower but then again my truck is gonna have just about every option

6. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Never mind they just dropped it down to tax off

7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Its 1500 off you tax bill at end of year, Is what they settled on. They did away with the 15k House rebate too

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I thought about getting a new truck since the prices are so good. But they will give you shyt for the trade in, since the value of trucks have dropped. That and mine is almost paid for now, so just fix and keep what I got. Basically the thing they passed allows you to write off the sales tax at the end of the year. But that is kind of worthless if you have a loan on the vehicle, the sales tax is figured into the loan. So you are paying the sales tax+interest on it over 4-6 yrs. Kind of a pointless rebate really

9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict