1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New truck and swapped a lift

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Oct 5, 2013.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

So my brother had been looking for an 09-10 F450 dark grey with black interior and at least a lariat level interior. After a 6 month search, and a few that ended selling in 1-2 days that were in Cali and New Mexico, we found one in PA. Older fellow who only used it to tow his 5th wheel camper traded it in. Only has 8700 miles on it. We put it to work the very next day.

[​IMG]

So I took the lift kit he had on his 06 6.0L and swapped it to my truck, an 09 F350:

[​IMG]

Still gotta put my bushwacker pocket flares back on and switch the plow mount drop brackets.

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Should do something about all that chrome on the front of the 350, IMO it takes from the nice dark look of the truck.

3. PTSolutions

Im taking off the door handle covers, and getting them painted body color. Im also getting the grill style that the 450 has in the pics and swapping it with mine (has a meaner/darker look), and I have a set of black housing lights that I'm putting a HID projector into from lightwerkz. That should darken it up quite a bit.

ETA:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  4. 2006Sierra1500

Oh yeah, that should help a lot

5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Pimp ass 450, best color you can get

The newer 450s with the smaller wheels look like crap

6. 2006Sierra1500

Not to mention the 11- 450 pickups are essentially 350s with heavier springs

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I would of bought that unit in a heartbeat.....then deleted....then drove it like i stole it!!!!!!

Is it a lariat ? on all my 250's, the lariat's came with painted handles. The last one, the color was off a shade and could see it in the right angle, drove me nuts so i stopped washing them!!!

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Sharp trucks. That 450 is sweet. 8700 miles might as well be brand new!

9. PTSolutions

Yea, my royal red 350 is a lariat as well, dont know why it came with black handles. The 450 is also lariat and has black handles, oh well.

Have a buddy who owns a diesel shop, the 450 is getting a full turbo back 4-5" stainless flo pro exhaust. Its currently running an xrt pro but I'm looking for a mini maxx.

My 350 has a full delete kit with the hd300 tunes on a mini maxx. its got 106K miles on it, problem free since the delete at about 50k.

Ive got a couple rust spots at the bottom window corners on the driver side, so I'm going to have them paint the handles when they repair those spots.

10. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Love that 450. The wheels makes all the difference in the world compared to the new ones. What kind of mpg are you getting from your 09 with the deletes? New DXT on the F450 would look great!

11. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

That 450 is sweet! Same color combination as my '13.

12. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

You guys still have that old red Chevy dump?

13. Pool&Plow

Pool&Plow Junior Member

Looks really tough with those 19.5's. Hope she treats you well Thumbs Up

14. PTSolutions

the 98 cheyenne, good memory. Yes we do. Its barely used nowadays, mostly sits. We used it the other day for a few yards of mulch b/c our big 6500 was getting a swing gate mechanism put on it. She started right up. Strong motor, just the bed is a bit rusted out and she gets a death wobble up front on bumps while you ride the brakes.

15. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Sell me the plow off it lol I keep coming across that pig on YouTube

16. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Any plans for a plow on the 450?

17. 2006Sierra1500