1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck and New Plow!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BOSSMAN21, May 7, 2009.

1. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I am looking into buying a new truck and plow, what would your choices be? I am looking into getting a 3/4 ton and a V plow. Your thoughts on reliability and quality.
  2. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

I would go with a Chevy or GMC myself.
  3. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

gm/dodge diesel's good quality and long lasting. as for v plow's i'd go with a boss or western long lasting and reliable.
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Why do you guys even ask? Its a loaded question that comes down to preference. You have 3 brands of trucks and 7 brands of plows to chose from. Not trying to sound like a A$$ but you could probably find 100+ threads on this site that ask the same question and it just turns into a bash fest where everyone elses truck and plow is the best.
  5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

How many times have I saw a question like this? And I'm new!:eek:
  6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Your answers are in your sig. Chevy/GMC and Boss.
    I'd go with a GMC 2500HD with the duramax and a 9'2" Boss VXT, I like spending other peoples money. ;)
  7. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

You should get a Toyota Tundra.
  8. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

i wouldn't get a toyota for plowing
  9. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

10. Skid Mark

Skid Mark Member
    from ny

I would get a chevy or gmc with western poly v plow. The poly plows work real good.