1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Truck and my salt pile

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mrplowdude, Dec 8, 2005.

1. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Heres my new truck with a blizzard 810 and sno-way sander.

2. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

truck with salt pile

3. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Another of my salt pile. Thats a sand/salt mix on the side.

4. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

everyone asks how its held on the bricks. I racheted down the sides to the hook on the brick. Heres a pic

5. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

nice setup. I'd love to do something like that here to piss off my neighbors. They filed a compaint @ town hall because I was parking my landscape trailer at the house overnight. I could only imagine the fall out from a bunker/tent'd salt pile :yow!:
  6. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Some neighbors are nuts and others are great. I built a shop and store about 5 cords of firewood, truck loads of framing lumber, a few snowplows, sand, etc. behind the shop. When I was moving the firewood, my neighbor came over and helped me move it!!
  7. jreiff

jreiff Junior Member
    from MN

I like the salt bin with the cover. If you do not mind me asking what did it cost for materials to build it? The concrete barriers and canvas/ tarp cover?

That is something i need to think about doing. Sure would save alot of salt from spilling all over and have to shovel it up.

Great pics, Thanks.
  8. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

The blocks were $20 a peice and $400 for the "cover it" from northern tool. The blocks are perfect for the cover it becasue they are 6' long and 2' wide. the cover it is 12'x20'. 16 blocks in total. I used 18 because I wanted a back wall for the sand salt.
  9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice looking setup you have there. :nod:
  10. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

That looks shaweeeet
  11. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Thanks for the pic's you just gave me a great idea !!!:)
  12. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

If you don't mind me asking whats the great Idea?
  13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

How I'm going to cover my salt pile :nod:
  14. "MR.PLOW"

"MR.PLOW" Member

Nice Set Up

Now, thats the way to set up a job site. Nice Ford by the way. Is it a Diesel? Had a Rental Truck for work one time with a new 6.0L. Man that thing could move and what a pile of torque. With 2 and half pallets of lime on the back it felt like it was empty. Happy Plowing.
  15. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Its the 5.4 gas. I wanted the diesel but towing capacity was only like 1800lbs more and the cost to equal out to the gas was something like you have to drive 35,000 miles a year for 7 years. I'll take the savings now. Plus a lot of guys complained about the 6.0L. If it was still the 7.3L Powerstroke I would have taken it no matter what the cost difference.
  16. cattrader

cattrader Member
    from pa

awsome set up!!
  17. S & L LawnCare

S & L LawnCare Member

Apex Whats Up
    Loving The New Truck You Guys Got Nice Set Up Looks Nice

So How Do You Guys Like The New Blizzard?
  18. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

I am a blizzard owner forever. Plan on getting another truck next year with the 8611LP.
  19. SNHSERV05

SNHSERV05 Junior Member

salt tent

nice set up mrplowdude..................nice truck too, hey where in southern nh you from? Rochester here, work for a mass construction co right now getting ready to start my own bus. tired of the working long hrs and going nowhere fast, making what the boss wants to pay
  20. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Hampton, NH here.
    Took 3 years to get to this step. can't wait for the next truck. It will be a lot bigger. Don' get to tired of the long hours and nowhere fast. That is what starting a business is like. Don't try to do everything at once. If you need help or advice just ask.

Good luck